PDA

View Full Version : How can you Dial by Name on 8700c?

janete
12-29-2005, 07:30 PM
I just replaced my 7280 with a new 8700c. I am used to going to the phone and typing a name and having the list shorten to only names that contain that letter pattern. Now when I start to type on the 8700c I get only numbers. "Call from address book" is a lot more work and isn't the same result with the list shortenend. Anyone know of a way to "call by name" like the 7280?

Stinsonddog
12-29-2005, 07:32 PM
I just replaced my 7280 with a new 8700c. I am used to going to the phone and typing a name and having the list shorten to only names that contain that letter pattern. Now when I start to type on the 8700c I get only numbers. "Call from address book" is a lot more work and isn't the same result with the list shortenend. Anyone know of a way to "call by name" like the 7280?

janete
12-29-2005, 07:38 PM
I downloaded the shortcuts and you do have a reference to a similar feature on the "Address Book Shortcuts" page but I can't find the option Phone>Dial By Name! Can you elaborate where this is on the menu?

Didn't read the title - I got it - that should work well

Thanks.

rcbjr
12-29-2005, 09:05 PM
From almost any screen, press and hold the Send Button (green phone) a little longer than normal, then start typing the name.

Hope this helps.
Rcbjr

This may be what stinsonddog's shortcut document says, but I couldn't read it with my BB

Fkewl
01-03-2006, 10:30 AM
When dialing a number, hold the ALT and you will be able to type letters instead

BB will translate that into # anyway.

caggie01
03-28-2006, 12:18 PM
How about the # key. To dial into my company voice mail, I have a general number to call, then enter the "#" key, my extension, then my password. I have the string set up, with appropraite pauses. My 8700 dials evrything except the "#" key. If I call this number manually, everything works fine, just need to dial it automatically.

stripesace
03-28-2006, 12:39 PM
If you do a search you'll find someones solution to this. It's been discussed before.

Stinsonddog
03-28-2006, 01:11 PM
My voicemail is set up with 2 # in it. Not sure why yours is not dialing it? Does your address book show a Q or a # where you want the pound key entered. If so just enter # without holding the alt key. Does this help? How about the # key. To dial into my company voice mail, I have a general number to call, then enter the "#" key, my extension, then my password. I have the string set up, with appropraite pauses. My 8700 dials evrything except the "#" key. If I call this number manually, everything works fine, just need to dial it automatically.

caggie01
03-29-2006, 12:10 AM
Thanks for the response, my string shows the # key. I will keep experimenting.

amnon
03-29-2006, 01:10 AM
In the first screenshot you specify that the middle configurable button "shows a list of useful links". How can I configure this?

Thanks,
Amnon

cooperpwc
03-29-2006, 08:31 PM
In the first screenshot you specify that the middle configurable button "shows a list of useful links". How can I configure this?

If the front convenience button is set to the default of Browser, when you are in the Browser pushing that button will display your bookmarks. This is actually quite handy.

caggie01
04-01-2006, 09:04 AM
I added a space between the # and my password, works great now.