PDA

View Full Version : Trackball Issue

sndb22
05-27-2010, 11:49 PM
so i have a curve an every once and a while (a few times a week) i take it off stand by, try to click the track ball and instead of clicking it dials #* repeatedly. as if its making a phone call. i usually have to take thebattery out 5-6 times before it corrects itself...anyone know why its doing this or an easier way to fix it? cause it can take up to an hour...thanks!

wcr3d
05-28-2010, 01:29 AM
I would try first backing up all your data, including third party apps. There is ample info on this forum on how to do both. Then reload the device software and restore your information.

Horizon Wireless
05-29-2010, 12:20 AM
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry 11000 Colosol)

I'm not saying this is the case but it really sounds like liquid damage. Is it possible some water for into it somehow?

tsac
05-30-2010, 11:22 AM
Why put it in standby mode ?
Reload of the software may take longer than your waiting for the BB to restore.
Try this method.

If you are not on a call, you can turn on standby mode to avoid pressing keys accidentally when you are not using your BlackBerry smartphone.

To turn on standby mode, hold the Mute key. To turn off standby mode, press the Mute key again.

In standby mode, the BlackBerry smartphone will still notify you according to your Notification profiles. You will still be able to receive phone calls and your BlackBerry smartphone will continue receiving messages.

sndb22
05-30-2010, 10:12 PM
i put it in standby cause its in my pants pocket most of the time and it kills the battery to have it lighting up if its just locked!

yeah its definitely possible that its water damage..i just thought if i posted on here i could find out if it was a common thing!

LilacBleeds
05-31-2010, 04:41 AM
i know the trackballs have problems you can buy a new trackball and see how it goes with it, but on another forum they have alot of people who have this problem :(
that is why i upgraded from my curve to the new curve 8520 with the trackpad which i like more now

devnull
05-31-2010, 06:56 AM
i put it in standby cause its in my pants pocket most of the time and it kills the battery to have it lighting up if its just locked!

yeah its definitely possible that its water damage..i just thought if i posted on here i could find out if it was a common thing!

Any electronic device is susceptible to moisture. Some more than others.

tsac
05-31-2010, 06:45 PM
You might consider using a pocket holder with a magnet to shut down the display.

sndb22
05-31-2010, 09:17 PM
i know the trackballs have problems you can buy a new trackball and see how it goes with it, but on another forum they have alot of people who have this problem :(
that is why i upgraded from my curve to the new curve 8520 with the trackpad which i like more now

can you give the link of that forum??