PDA

View Full Version : What type of warranty does T-Mobile cover?

lovelylinds
05-31-2010, 03:54 PM
I currently own the BlackBerry Bold 9700 with T-Mobile. I've only had it for about 3 months. Today, I noticed that one of the metal strips that's in between the rows of keys has completely broken off on the left side. Now, there's a tiny piece that's disconnected from the rest of the bar. I know this could be considered as physical damage, so I'm not sure if T-Mobile will send me a new phone. But, I have also been experiencing other problems such as the phone running slowly, freezing, etc. Also, my trackpad is lopsided and doesn't work well at times. I clearly understand that many of these issues can be resolved in one way or another, and some of them could've been caused by me. However, I have not had my blackberry for a long time and it's frustrating how all these problems come up. My dad has the same blackberry as me, and he keeps his in his pocket just like i keep mine in my bag with a bunch of other things, yet he doesn't have any of the problems I do. I called T-Mobile once before and they said if the slowness and freezing continues, they might be able to send me another one. But I'm not sure if it will be refurbished. Can someone provide me with some answers, please?

Dubdub
05-31-2010, 04:06 PM
You would probably get a refurbished phone. As for the metal strips, you will most likely need to visit a T-Mo corporate store, the one where you purchased the device would probably be the best option, and see what they say.

As for running slowly and freezing, try a battery pull and see if that helps.

And carry the device in the holster that came with it. That will help protect it.

lovelylinds
05-31-2010, 04:10 PM
I ordered mine online though. What do you mean by "see what they say"? If they might be able to fix it?

ezrunner
05-31-2010, 05:14 PM
Wirelessly posted (well lookie here!)

Physical damage likely won't do much as you said you carry it in a bag with other thing what type of thing. Something heavy enough to smash into phone and cause these problems?

lovelylinds
05-31-2010, 05:52 PM
just a small bag with my wallet, hand sanitizer, gum, and chapstick. but it's in a bigger tote bag with binders and stuff, so it could have gotten crushed that way? in my regular handbag i have the same things with like extra random stuff that most girls carry around. i have no idea when this happened though. i only just realized it today.