PDA

View Full Version : PC can't find 7250 as modem

semmel
12-30-2005, 10:41 PM
Hi,

I followed the FAQ I found here about adding the BB as a modem to my laptop.
When I originally installed the BB software, it already created a modem entry, but I could not connect to anything. I stopped playing with it until I found the FAQ today.
I opened the modem properties and tried to Query the modem but got no response at all.
So I removed the modem and had Windows detect it again - and it didn't find it at all!
I don't know what's up with that.
The BB is brand new, got it a few days ago, did not upgrade the software (yet - I plan to try the new not-quite-official upgrade soon if it's still out there).

I have the Desktop Manager running and connected, and I can backup my data with it. But I can't get it to work as a modem.

Actually, the Verizon sales guy said it wasn't possible at all! Do I need the new software first or should it work with the original software?

Any ideas?

If you need the software versions, please let me know where I can find that info for you so I give you the right one :-)

Thanks!

Soapm
12-30-2005, 11:02 PM
Did you read the stickt at the top of this section? I would have posted my question there?

http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=19599

semmel
12-30-2005, 11:08 PM
Yes, I read most of it, but it all refers to the new not-quite-official software release. I just want an old-fashioned modem connection without EVDO for now.

whsbuss
12-31-2005, 06:16 AM
I'd have to check, but I think without the EVDO software update for the 7250 you could not access the modem. Maybe I'm wrong but it coule be the reason you cannot talk to the internal modem from your PC.

semmel
12-31-2005, 10:12 AM
That's what I've been wondering... I will try the new software some time within the next few days. Gotta start a new thread first on how to downgrade again in case something goes wrong :-)

semmel
01-15-2006, 03:43 PM
New software works like a charm :-)

Looks like the old software just doesn't support tethering at all - even though it does install a "Standard Modem" on COM6, but when testing it it didn't even respond at all...

Anyway, now it works.