PDA

View Full Version : Yahoo email sync does not work

AliBBB
06-04-2010, 11:14 AM
Hi All,

before posting this I searched the forums and tried all the solutions and they did not work. All solution were basically configurations adjustment.

I am using Bold 9700 on BIS. Yahoo email does not synchronize the messages when read or deleted from the desktop online account. But it works the other way around. (when I delelte or read a message from the web email it stays unread on the device and I have to go and delete it or mark it as read manually). it is very annoying that I have to do everything twice, specially that I am reveiving like 50+ emails every day in yahoo account only.

the email reconcilation configurations are

Delete on: Mailbox & Handheld

Wireless reconcile: On

On conflict: Mailbox wins

I called RIM and they said it should work 2-way, yahoo also it should work. I called Rogers, the tech support told me her device does like that. and all what she did was telling me change the configuration, save, change them back, and save again. and surely nothing of that worked.

I tried my yahoo mail, and other accounts, on iphone and HTC and they worked well both ways.

I really am not sure why people claim that blackberry are the best email handler! a lot of people suffer from sync problems, and there is no IMAP folders support on BIS!!

any help would be appreciated

penguin3107
06-04-2010, 11:19 AM
Wirelessly posted (<strong>9700</strong>)

How long are you waiting for the reconciliation to occur? It won't be immediate.
Desktop-to-handeld reconciliation can take up to 20-30 minutes to occur. Sometimes longer.

AliBBB
06-04-2010, 11:22 AM
Wirelessly posted (<strong>9700</strong>)

How long are you waiting for the reconciliation to occur? It won't be immediate.
Desktop-to-handeld reconciliation can take up to 20-30 minutes to occur. Sometimes longer.

I waited for couple of days.

data1025
06-04-2010, 01:37 PM
Is this the same issue? http://www.blackberryforums.com/rim-software/227479-fyi-known-issue-yahoo-through-bis.html?highlight=yahoo+sync

AliBBB
06-04-2010, 01:56 PM
Is this the same issue? http://www.blackberryforums.com/rim-software/227479-fyi-known-issue-yahoo-through-bis.html?highlight=yahoo+sync

Apparently it is the same problem. And still no answer.
hope it gets resolved soon