PDA

View Full Version : global roaming on bb7290 / tmobile

redpill71
12-31-2005, 08:06 PM
help, I am in europe now with a bb7290 that does not see the network. before i left i set up an international account. of course they assured me i wouldnt have a problem using it. right, has not work once since i stepped of the plane. of course to dial tmobile is long distance charges. i have been on hold for over an hour already. Does anyone have any suggestions?

thx and happy new years everyone.

r/p

Berry One
01-01-2006, 09:13 AM
Europe is a big country. :smile:

What part of Europe are you in, do they have wireless provider that has roaming agreement with T-Mobile, do you really have blackberry data plan with international roaming included?

You should also be patient with blackberry in a new country: you may have to give it few minutes before it finds new network.

wuberry
01-01-2006, 02:45 PM
help, I am in europe now with a bb7290 that does not see the network. before i left i set up an international account. of course they assured me i wouldnt have a problem using it. right, has not work once since i stepped of the plane. of course to dial tmobile is long distance charges. i have been on hold for over an hour already. Does anyone have any suggestions?

thx and happy new years everyone.

r/p

I had a similar experience in China. At first, the BB 7290 refused to find the new network, even though it had been properly provisioned for international use.

Cingular International Roaming Support told me to turn the BB off, remove the battery and the SIM card for 30 seconds and then replace them and power the BB back on. (I'm not sure why they told me to remove the SIM card, but I'm an obedient guy.)

I did what they said and when I powered it back on (and made sure the radio was also turned on) the BB immediately picked up China Wireless and worked perfectly for the rest of the trip. You might give that a try.

redpill71
01-09-2006, 09:14 PM
thx for all the helpful advice. of course before i left for brussels, i verified twice that i had international roaming set up. i finally reached tmobile new years day, spoke with a tech, who THEN PUT IT ON. and bingo.

go figure.

r/p