PDA

View Full Version : Help! Desktop manager crashes on Config

jimbobka
06-14-2010, 08:53 PM
When I upgraded to Blackberry Bold 9700, my desktop manager started crashing when I tried to configure the sync. I went as far as to completely clear my Blackberry database and repopulate it with my Outlook data. I then did a full de-install of Desktop Manager, including all folders and registry entries (a procedure I found in this forum). Re-installed, configured sync, it lets me choose which ones to configure, the second window comes up asking which direction or multi-direction. I choose multi, it sits for a few seconds, then crashes with that nice, generic message that tells you nothing. I'm at a loss since I've tried deleting the intellisync folder and, as stated, even a complete removal and re-install.

Help someone - my calendar and addresses are getting further out of sync and I seem powerless to fix it.

BTW, it worked find with the same Desktop Manager on the same computer when I had a Blackberry 8300 Curve.

tsac
06-14-2010, 08:55 PM
Download the latest DM. Your backups will still work with the latest.

jimbobka
06-14-2010, 09:14 PM
I have been using the latest DM (5.0.1.37). The only change I'm aware of is that I'm using the Bold 9700.

syedreza
06-15-2010, 09:55 PM
Hi jimbobka,

If it crashes before the Intellisync process begins, it may be the MAPI profile. The KB article below shows you how to set the desktop manager to use a new MAPI profile:

KB03650 - View Document (http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB03650)

Hope it helps you!!