PDA

View Full Version : Blackberry Messenger 5.0 - Can't open chats

OffTheWallMiles
06-16-2010, 03:21 PM
You've probably heard this question asked thousands of times, but i'm afraid i'm going to ask it again - as i'm pretty confused and need some helpful assistance!

I've only had my BlackBerry services for a few days, and was really getting into the use of the messenger, when suddenly.. it stopped working in the manner it initially did...

I have a UK BlackBerry Curve 8520, using an orange SIM card, OS - 4.6

I'm pretty sure the icon was initially titled 'BlackBerry Messenger' I had being using version 5.0 downloaded from the app world on the phone. Randomly, my messenger stopped receiving what my friend was sending me.. I clicked back to the messenger main menu to find i could click on contacts profiles, click on my own etc, i would also end chats but I simply cannot open a chat!

I thought the solution would be simply to delete the messenger, so I went to Options > Application > Deleted BBM V 5.0, but the BlackBerry Messenger icon was still in my menu, I clicked it and it opened up.. but i still couldnt open chats, however this time i noticed it seemed to be titled 'Blackberry PIN'.. i rebooted the blackberry but the problem still occurs, and when I go to the app world, I will not let me open/reinstall BBM

I'd really appreciate any assistance you can offer! wether ot be how to at least re-install it correctly, or it'd be most useful if i could get it up and running!

rontiu
06-18-2010, 09:55 AM
try to see if you can download from mobile blackberry site

BlackBerry Wallpapers, Ringtones, and More (http://mobile.blackberry.com)

there should be an area where you can download the blackberry messenger. I am using this site to download the official blackberry applications, as appworld has been at times very flaky to me. if you can download the application it will remove and update everything related to bb messenger.

hope this helps..