PDA

View Full Version : Blackberry Browser issues....

stevelarke
06-23-2010, 04:01 AM
Hey all. I got my first BB (8520 curve) last week, so far i'm enjoying. Nice cheap plans that blow the iphone out of the water for value for money.

Anyway, browser issues.... I use the BB browser, its simple but does the job. I tried opera but it seemed sluggish. Anyway, when in the browser, under options->browser configuration, i have the browser set to internet browser (this is also my default browser), browser identification as firefox (some pages wont open with Blackberry), start page is set to 'start page' however when i set it to home page, i can't then change the home page. It just simplt wont let me delete the current one or type over it, nothing, not a sausage.

Also,will internet browser use my wifi at home instead of my data plan? i think it does as the wifi logo comes up in top right corner but i'm unsure. All the different options make it a little confusing and i'd just like to know the difference between hotspot browser, internet browser and O2 active. Is it ok to leave it on internet browser as default? Will i get charged for anything?

Any help is greatl appreciated!

Steve

MidnightDraven
06-23-2010, 04:10 AM
You need to be on the page you wish to set as homepage; then go to where you have described above; and it will show a button "Use current page" (or something similiar).
Click, its now set, save and exit.

Yes, it will.
Hotspot = can only use wi-fi.
Internet = can use wi-fi when available, uses carrier network when not available
O2 active = WAP browser. [which you may be charged extra for using]

stevelarke
06-23-2010, 05:11 AM
Thanks for the reply. Tried that and I have no option to 'use current'. I know when i go to options->advanced options->browser and change the default browser configuration to o2 active, i have that option, although i believe i will be charged if i use that browser as default.

Any ideas??

MidnightDraven
06-23-2010, 05:15 AM
Hmm, I can only say the above worked for me on my 9000 but that was before Nov 09.

O2 active is the WAP browser, meaning you won't get full webpages, and yes, you may be charged.
Leave it as internet browser.