PDA

View Full Version : Need help using data plan in India

manansanghvi
06-26-2010, 02:52 AM
Hi guys,
First off gr8 forum..thnx in advance for any help on this matter.

I bought a used unlocked Verizon BB storm from the US.
I started using a Vodafone India sim card in India.
I can make voice calls, and SMS's with no issues.
I activated my BIS account on Vodafone India but I can't use any data plans.

Once I switched my Sim card with a friend who has a BB and also uses Vodafone India. Amazingly, with my Sim card in his phone, the BIS was working and with his SIm Card in my phone, the BIS was also working.

But once we switched back, it was not working on my phone.
I tried calling the person whom I bought the phone from, but she didn't know what the issue was.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!(y)

wcr3d
06-26-2010, 06:59 AM
Wirelessly posted

Do you have a data plan?

Motorcycle Mama
06-26-2010, 07:33 AM
And have you loaded the service books?

aiharkness
06-26-2010, 08:22 AM
Wirelessly posted

So, the long story short is ...

OP has a blackberry data plan (correct?). And friend also has a blackberry data plan.

OP does not have blackberry data service with OP's SIM in OP's blackberry, but does have blackberry data with OP's SIM in friend's blackberry; and also blackberry data on OP's blackberry with friend's SIM.

Is that it?
First, how are you defining BIS service? Do you have GPRS, EDGE, etc in all caps, i.e. does the blackberry indicate you are connecting to the RIM network? What exactly did you do to test?

My first thought is to agree with the others, partly. I would remove the battery, then remove the SIM and inspect it. Look for grime or corrosion. Make sure it is correctly inserted and fully seated in place when installed. Then replace the battery. Then resend service books, and then test again.