PDA

View Full Version : Transfer contacts .ipd to BB8900

Kobus Kruger
06-27-2010, 02:56 PM
Hi All, got a similar problem as some previous posts. Got the contacts off the old Nokia, into Outlook 2003. Then exported to a .csv file. Downloaded the Amber CSV2BB converter and did the conversion. All seems good up to that point, contacts and no's etc all visible. Then onto BB Desktop Mgr, and do the transfer successfully as well. Open the contacts on the phone and only the contact name appears, no other details at all. So, what can be the problem? Anyone???

devnull
06-27-2010, 03:06 PM
Sounds like a lot of hoops to jump thru.. If you already have your contacts in Outlook, why not just use DM to sync directly to BB?

aiharkness
06-27-2010, 03:42 PM
Wirelessly posted

Ditto. I don't get it. What was the problem? Once you imported contacts into Outlook from the Nokia, why didn't you just sync Outlook and blackberry device?

Kobus Kruger
06-27-2010, 04:33 PM
Hoops seems to be the in thing. No option to sync outlook, only palm or win mobile devices and organizer data. Back-up and restore wants a .ipd file. The problem is that numbers of contacts do not transfer, only the contact names, so there's a load of empty contacts

aiharkness
06-27-2010, 04:38 PM
Wirelessly posted

No option for Outlook with what? Are you using blackberry Desktop Manager?

TXLady
06-27-2010, 05:37 PM
Hoops seems to be the in thing. No option to sync outlook, only palm or win mobile devices and organizer data. Back-up and restore wants a .ipd file. The problem is that numbers of contacts do not transfer, only the contact names, so there's a load of empty contacts

Blackberry Desktop Manager most definitely does sync between the phone and Outlook. Only way it wouldn't work would be if you were using an ancient version of Outlook (Outlook 2003 is fine). I'm thinking you are trying something else since you mention palm and win mobile -- I'm pretty sure that Blackberry Desktop Manager does not have option to sync to those.