PDA

View Full Version : Picking the best first blackberry for me.

jokeryona
06-28-2010, 06:36 PM
I have seen hundreds of reviews and each person has pros and cons for each one whenever I look. The best place seems here to try and find help getting my first blackberry. So I tell you what Im looking for and hopefully someone can point me in the right direction.

1st - Least amount of problems (random breaking or odd phone screwups. I want it to work when I need it.)

2nd - I don't need it for business just on the go fun. I like to have some music or game apps.

3rd - Size isnt a factor I dont mind a big phone

4th - Battery size isnt a big factor, I work 3rd shift so I can charge whenever I need too.

5th - I am good at figuring out how to use things even if a learning curve. As long as it is working properly I dont mind a little toying to figure out how to use. I dont need an easy for first timer type.

6th - Camera doesnt have to be perfect as long as the pictures are visible.

Any help will be appreciated.

tsac
06-28-2010, 07:15 PM
I have seen hundreds of reviews and each person has pros and cons for each one whenever I look. The best place seems here to try and find help getting my first blackberry. So I tell you what Im looking for and hopefully someone can point me in the right direction.

1st - Least amount of problems (random breaking or odd phone screwups. I want it to work when I need it.)
All phones are subject to random odd screwups.

2nd - I don't need it for business just on the go fun. I like to have some music or game apps.
The Blackberry is mainly a business device so look for a phone that does what you need. If it's a blackberry fine.

3rd - Size isnt a factor I dont mind a big phone

4th - Battery size isnt a big factor, I work 3rd shift so I can charge whenever I need too.

5th - I am good at figuring out how to use things even if a learning curve. As long as it is working properly I dont mind a little toying to figure out how to use. I dont need an easy for first timer type.
Blackberrys come with directions
6th - Camera doesnt have to be perfect as long as the pictures are visible.
BB's have a decent camera.

Any help will be appreciated.

the first thing with any phone is to make sure the carrier service is good in your area. Then select the features you need then price. Keep in mind you cannot have a blackberry without a "blackberry Data Plan". Plus voice cost.
Some people think the cost is more than they want to pay.

SteveO86
06-28-2010, 07:24 PM
Wirelessly posted

Do you like touch screens, full qwerty keyboards, or Suretype devices?

I would try and head make it to the carrier to mess around with the devices to see how you like it.

akosnitzky
06-28-2010, 07:26 PM
I am going to be decisive. Your profile reads Verizon. Get the 9650. Get the most from your plan

Kamau
06-28-2010, 08:03 PM
Wirelessly posted

As you said, you've seen hundreds of reviews and opinions. That means you should make the decision based on YOUR thoughts. Don't be afraid to choose. If you are not happy with your choice, take/send it back. That's how I ended up with my current phone. Within a weeks period, I exchanged it 3 times before I decided on the 8900.

Good Luck.

allessioz
06-30-2010, 01:00 PM
depends on you, whether u like touchscreen or QWERTY.

for me, i prefer QWERTY since it is more user friendly

jrice8002003
07-04-2010, 11:43 PM
I am going to be decisive. Your profile reads Verizon. Get the 9650. Get the most from your plan

Second the 9650. I don't think you'll be disappointed in this device.