PDA

View Full Version : Crack Mem to Remove "WirelessUpgradeApp"?

1erichall
06-30-2010, 02:37 AM
Is 3.4 That I just downloaded from RapidShare the latest version of CrackMem?

Also, I plan to use it for removing the "WirelessUpgradeApp" application from my Pearl 8120.

Being on BIS this application seems totally superfluous to be having this process open and running at all times on the device.

"WirelessUpgradeApp" shows up in Task Manager under Processes, so this means this app is always running.

There is absolutely no purpose whatsoever for this application (let alone to have it always running and using up resources) on a BIS device on T-Mobile's network as there are no wireless updates ever available from them and if there ever were I certainly wouldn't want them installed on my device.

Has anyone removed the "WirelessUpgradeApp" modules from their OS on an OS install with success?

There are of course some other modules (my faves icons, etc. which MaxMem cannot remove) I plan to remove from installing to the device. But this seems the most important one I can remove due to it's total uselessness and that it is always running as a process on the device wasting resources.

Any thoughts or input? Thanks

dankarlinski
06-30-2010, 08:24 AM
Wirelessly posted (White and Nerdy)

I have used that before with no problems... Another thing to look into is "Shrink-a-os". Its run from your computer, and requires an install of the software on there, but it shaves quite a bit of memory off of the install

blkxcellence
11-29-2010, 11:55 AM
Hello. I have the Blackberry 3G 9330 from Sprint. When installing this application, it does not automatically recognize my BB OS 5.0 What can I do to work around this? Your feedback is invaluable to me.

Thanks,

BlkXcellence