Has anybody ever heard of this?
My pin reads ffffffff
I have a 7100g with Rogers Wireless Canada

joginder
01-03-2006, 05:43 PM
how many times did you try -:)

Merkem
01-03-2006, 05:43 PM
A million...Ive tried everything... I spoke with my service provider but they say if I have no pin nothing can be done...I cant get it replaced becase I got it second hand as a gift with no receipt or anything.

phillyslickster
01-03-2006, 06:51 PM
If you have the original box, then the PIN is located there on the side panel. If not, contact the person that you got it from and request the PIN. I'm not sure, but you might even try contacting RIM to see if they can look up the PIN based upon the IMEI. Just a thought....

Nextel User
01-03-2006, 07:19 PM
the pin is printed on the unit itself underneath the battery..........

phillyslickster
01-03-2006, 08:52 PM
oops...missed that one. Unless, the person has removed that info from the device!!

mike_187
01-06-2006, 02:59 AM
sounds like you have a unit that has never passed packin procedure at rim.

Merkem
01-06-2006, 05:11 PM
So what does that mean? Am I unable to have internet access? Is there anything I can do about this?

KonTiki
01-06-2006, 07:01 PM
So what does that mean? Am I unable to have internet access? Is there anything I can do about this?
Have you talked to RIM directly? The second I cannot get anything out of the middle man I cut him out of the way and go right to the top. I would call RIM directly and have them check the whole thing out for you if it is legitimate I am sure that they can resolve it, if it is a matter of a stolen phone or an insurance situation(which I doubt that would be enough reason to have a PIN disappear from the unit) then ys I would say you are SOL.

Merkem
01-06-2006, 07:53 PM
Thanks for all the help guys but I just spoke with RIM and they said that all FFFFFFFF's means that my BlackBerry is fried. They said that the "all f" situation only occurs when a device has been fried with too many error messages and there is nothing that can be done about it.My BlackBerry is dead :???: (n) .....so sad, so sad...