PDA

View Full Version : Want to help with some Psychology research?

EJDwyer
07-02-2010, 06:20 AM
Hi all,

I'm just about to finish a Masters in Occupational Psychology, and I'm doing my dissertation research. I'm focussing on people's work patterns and how smart phone use relates to that - it's about testing the usual 'have a Blackberry, never get away from work' idea. As part of my research I'd love to have forum users' opinions.

To participate in the study, there is an online survey - it's completely anonymous and will take about 10 minutes to complete. Can you help?

The survey is at Smart phone survey (http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/ejd2010)

There's more explanation on the link, and if you'd like to participate further there's an option to volunteer to be interviewed about your Blackberry experience. The results will be published in September after I submit the project, and there's a note of where that will be, too.

Any and all responses are very very welcome - want to help further the vast store of human knowledge?

Thanks for everyone's help, and particularly to the fabulous forum staff who have agreed for me to post this!

aiharkness
07-03-2010, 06:33 AM
Done.

The page towards the end with the long list of tasks and asking how many times you perform those tasks was confusing to me on how I was supposed to determined my proper answer.

akosnitzky
07-03-2010, 07:54 AM
Using the negative such as "not" is a bit confusing in the formulation of your instrument questions.

daphne
07-03-2010, 08:56 PM
Done.

The page towards the end with the long list of tasks and asking how many times you perform those tasks was confusing to me on how I was supposed to determined my proper answer.

Agreed. It would be better if you had multiple choices with ranges, like 1, 1-5, 6-10, 10-20 etc. and a choice for more than I can count.