PDA

View Full Version : Passwords - Can they be switched off ?

Chidders63
07-02-2010, 09:57 AM
Hi, I am using my old works BB8900 curve. Work have replaced it with a new one (nice of them) and i've put a PAYG Sim Only in it. All good so far, but wondered if one can disable the screen lock password function. I know my password and it all works OK, but i hate it when it times out on me and i have to re-enter the password when the phone has only been sat on my desk. I have changed the time to 15 mins but that soon passes. I agree when out and about passwords are great but the ability to tuen on & off would be good !!

SteveO86
07-02-2010, 10:02 AM
If this is a BlackBerry provided by your business and used for business, then it is most likely enforced by an IT Policy, which you can not change.

And I would not suggest removing the IT Policy.

SteveO86
07-02-2010, 10:02 AM
Duplicate post, can be deleted.

Chidders63
07-02-2010, 10:20 AM
OK, Thanks. Yes it was a business provided phone. Is their IT Policy going to reside on the BB or can it be updated and replaced by a generic BB one ??

dankarlinski
07-02-2010, 10:26 AM
Wirelessly posted (White and Nerdy)

You can replace it, but if your still working at the job, and you delete it, they can fire you

Chidders63
07-02-2010, 10:30 AM
This is an old now ex business phone. They have issued me with a new updated one and we went through a process of wiping it etc. Its supposedly all cleaned and back to original but i'm not overly confident and wondered about re-installing the main software again from BB. What do you think ?? Or is this too risky for the phone ??

MidnightDraven
07-02-2010, 10:34 AM
If there's an IT policy on it, loading the OS won't help.
Look in our FAQ for "Remove IT Policy"

Chidders63
07-02-2010, 10:38 AM
Thanks. This is my first day on this and my first ever use of a forum and I am so surprised as to how good it is, how friendly most people are and how usefull this is to me !!
Thank you.

tsac
07-02-2010, 04:35 PM
Some companies consider even the "old" phones company property. It might be best to check the policy on old or discarded equipment.