PDA

View Full Version : Please help!!!

Fluchie
07-02-2010, 06:48 PM
Hi,

So i have a blackberry curve 8520....i connected it to desktop manager for the first time in about 6 months and it said an update was available. When it had finished i turned the phone back on and its all been wiped. All of my contacts have gone and my bbm contacts, plus all the apps i had downloaded, emails and messages. Its basically just like a brand new phone.

I looked around online and figured out how to do a restore...that all works fine i can select everything from the right hand list in 'advanced options' and it says restore successful.

My problem is that although its saying the restore was successful I cant actually find anything on my phone....ive checked that there are no filters or anything on and ive rang my phone off the landline and it doesnt come up as a recognised number so the contacts definately are not there.

Il take any advice or suggestions im just gutted that all my contacts could actually be gone!!!

aiharkness
07-02-2010, 09:24 PM
Wirelessly posted

When you elected to do the upgrade, you were advised to do a backup, or asked if you wanted to do a backup, I don't remember which. That backup file will have the form *.ipd. (The asterisk is a wildcard.). It may be in your My Documents folder. Did you do that and is that and is that what you restored from?

I don't know why desktop manager wouldn't have restored your data. I'm also not sure why you are using the advanced features instead of just doing a simple full restore. At any rate, I'd do a simple full restore and make sure you are selecting your most recent ipd file.

tsac
07-03-2010, 03:45 PM
as aiharkness stated, you need to restore the file that was created. It is possible the .ipd file is in some other directory or location. do a search on the PC and see if there is another.

aiharkness
07-03-2010, 04:18 PM
Wirelessly posted

For what it's worth, I did an upgrade after I posted above, did it straight via desktop manager, and the default is to do a backup to the My Documents folder. So I would expect you have a backup file unless you went into the options and stopped it.

SteveO86
07-03-2010, 05:18 PM
I have had occasions where the App Loader did not fully restore an IPD file leaving me with half my info.. In either case however there should be a file called LoaderBackup(Date).ipd where all your information is and restoring via the backup/restore feature should get it going again.