PDA

View Full Version : Lots of Troubles

gewgaw
07-03-2010, 03:43 AM
Hello!

I'm quite new to this so please if you will bear with me as I explain what happens quite often to my BB.

1st of all I'm having quite a bit of trouble installing the VodafonePortugal version of the BB OS. I've tried pretty much everything, from normal installation to a total wipe than installation. The results are always the same either the desktop manager or the loader don't let me install the full OS in root, they just allow me to install/uninstall apps such as Facebook and others. I really don't know how to get past this and it would really help me for living in Portugal is completely impossible to use the root Tmobile software, none of the apps work and i need them as i do email as well.

The other thing i've been noticing is everynow and then when the BB has been keypad locked for a long time, the keys get screwed up. At least that's what it seems to be but since it's not constant I think it's a Software issue rather than actually hardware problems. This happens quite frequently on the M, ".", C, V, "Space", and just now recently the "escape" key as well along with H, K, L.

How do you think this works? If anyone can help please do because i have tried everything and it just doesn't cut it

Thanks!

Motorcycle Mama
07-03-2010, 05:36 AM
For the OS, is the device OS installed on the computer on which you are trying it? Have you tried installing a different carrier's version of the OS instead?

As to the keyboard issue, has the device been exposed to any moisture even a little tiny bit?

Sweaty pocket, wet hands, wet hair, steamy bathroom, heavy dew, other high humidity environment?

Dubdub
07-03-2010, 06:27 AM
Make sure the OS if for your specific device, i.e. an 8310 OS cannot be used on an 8320, etc. Check the yellow sticky at the top of this section for instructions on how to load the new OS. Follow then exactly and have patience. And make sure that you delete the vendor.xml file.

gewgaw
07-03-2010, 08:15 AM
@<hidden> Mama: Yeah i guess, i mean a rainy day or sweaty pocket probably but is it that sensitive? I'm not complaining really because it's probably my fault anyway but i thought it would be a little more resistant gee

@<hidden>: I have done it with the TMobile OS but it doesn't allow me to do it with the VodafonePT. I have found one 8320 OS for VodafonePT but it was from a not very good website, viruses and such. The ones found on the BB website itself are 8300 OS and 8310 OS but nothing on the 8320 :(

How do I get the specific VodafonePT one? Shouldn't the other two work as well?

akosnitzky
07-03-2010, 08:19 AM
You tried this 8320 OS? http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-8300-series-discussion-curve/227257-latest-os-8320-4-5-0-313-4-5-0-188-multilanguage.html

gewgaw
07-03-2010, 08:25 AM
Thanks! I was downloading it already and will try it out pretty soon. I also found a Vodafone Netherlands and that's a previous version but it might work as well :D

Motorcycle Mama
07-03-2010, 08:33 AM
@<hidden> Mama: Yeah i guess, i mean a rainy day or sweaty pocket probably but is it that sensitive? I'm not complaining really because it's probably my fault anyway but i thought it would be a little more resistant gee
Yes, it's that sensitive. No it's not very water resistant.

@<hidden>: I have done it with the TMobile OS but it doesn't allow me to do it with the VodafonePT. I have found one 8320 OS for VodafonePT but it was from a not very good website, viruses and such. The ones found on the BB website itself are 8300 OS and 8310 OS but nothing on the 8320 :(

How do I get the specific VodafonePT one? Shouldn't the other two work as well?
Are you sure that there actually is a VodaphonePT released version of that OS.

And is there a specific reason that you want to install a version from VodaphonePT. The OS from any carrier will work. But it has to be for the exact model number.

I'm not sure I understand this statement. "I have done it with the TMobile OS but it doesn't allow me to do it with the VodafonePT."

gewgaw
07-03-2010, 03:07 PM
well you just answered that phrase for me anyway. I meant that the updates were restricted to their model specifications like you said the OS of an 8300 will only work on a 8300 and not on a 8320. Before i read your replies on this thread i thought otherwise, i actually thought 8300 meant the whole series of 83xx models.

Thanks for the replies. I have tried the latest Claro_Panama one but with no success, and i shall try it again later.

I want the specific VodafonePT (which i now know that doesn't exist) just because of the GPRS configurations for my apps such as facebook, live messenger and such. My TMobile configs don't let me use those apps while i am here in Portugal. If you know any other way i'll gladly, very gladly listen.

Motorcycle Mama
07-03-2010, 03:42 PM
The "carrier specific" OS release is not what allows those things to work.

Those things are controlled by the Service Books which are pushed by the carrier over the network.

So that begs the question, do you have a BLACKBERRY DATA PLAN from your carrier/network?

Those data features will not work on a BlackBerry device without the proper BlackBerry Data Plan.

gewgaw
07-03-2010, 08:19 PM
I do but i don't have the service books and besides Vodafone giving them to me, there is no way of getting em' that i know of and that is sad because since my BB is registered with BIS at TMobile i would have to delete that BIS and make a new one with VodafonePT.

gewgaw
07-03-2010, 08:31 PM
Another question i have is how do i get rid of that TMobile Start screen?
It really gets on my nerves sometimes, i don't know why but it just does

aiharkness
07-03-2010, 08:34 PM
Another question i have is how do i get rid of that TMobile Start screen?
It really gets on my nerves sometimes, i don't know why but it just does

You don't. That's burned in. If you read suggested ways to do it elsewhere, don't try, or you'll almost certainly ruin the device.

gewgaw
07-03-2010, 09:08 PM
Thanks... Don't want to get it ruined xD

So anyone know how i can get the service books sent to me? or found on web?

Motorcycle Mama
07-03-2010, 09:44 PM
You can't. If you are on VodaphonePT currently, then you need to setup a data plan with them in order to get the BlackBerry Data features.

If they don't offer them, then you are out of luck.

gewgaw
07-04-2010, 07:43 AM
Thanks! I'll try that then to see what they can get me