PDA

View Full Version : Blackberry Dead After Upgrade (MAC)

nurdboi
07-06-2010, 03:24 PM
hey there guys.

so i was updating my BB up to v.5.0. and also updated the DM to the latest version for the Mac.

started updating but kept getting an Error 507. but it seemed like it kept going so i just let it be.

then i got the message that DM was unable to update blackberry. my bb starts to restart by itself and goes to the white load bar. it loads until a little bit after half way and stops and just stays like that.

i've tried unplugging, pulling the battery out and restarting it but it always goes back to this screen.

the DM tells me that there is no OS on the blackberry and asks which one i want to download. i've tried choosing all of them and none of htem seem to be working. any ideas on whats up with it?

much appreciated guys.

nurdboi
07-06-2010, 04:22 PM
so i left my bb to see if draining it and restarting it will work

when i left it, the bar seemed to go all the way but another error appeared

it says "Reload Software: 552" any idea what that means and what i should do?

aiharkness
07-06-2010, 04:26 PM
Wirelessly posted

You need to reload the operating system. I don't know the situation now. It used to be that on a MAC you would need a dual boot system and boot up in windows to do it. As I say, though, I don't know what the situation is. Look at the Mac user's forum and see if there's a sticky, or see what others say. Also see the blackberryfaq.com.
Worse comes to worse, use a PC. But that's the bottom line: You need to reinstall the OS.