PDA

View Full Version : Blackberry Storm: Email SEND button not working.

Napoleonjordan
07-06-2010, 05:46 PM
So I am using a Blackberry Storm 9350. I was going to send pictures through Email and I noticed that the send button on the top right corner will not work!
When i put my finger over it a "send" caption appears, but when i click it, it wont send. Does anyone know a way to fix this, or a different way to send an Email? Need help ASAP!

Thanks! :razz:

tsac
07-07-2010, 08:36 PM
I can find no information at RIM to assist with this issue. I would suggect a battery pull first and if that does not work replace the OS.

Read this although it may not be your issue

Send option is not available on a BlackBerry Storm smartphone with BlackBerry Device Software 5.0when composing or forwarding email messages
Collapse all | Expand all
Jump to: Overview | Environment | Cause | Resolution
Overview

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When the BlackBerry smartphone user attempts to send an email message from a BlackBerry® Storm™ Series smartphone, the Send option is not available.

Environment

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BlackBerry® Device Software 5.0

Cause

There is no valid email address or contact typed or selected in the To, CC, or BCC recipient fields.

Resolution

To resolve this issue, please make sure that a valid contact has been selected or an email address is selected prior to attempting to send an email message. To verify this, please perform one of the following:

On a BlackBerry smartphone with a keyboard, perform either of the following:

After typing an email address into the recipient field of an email message, press the Enter key
Select the contact from the contact list
On a BlackBerry smartphone with a SurePress™ touch screen, perform either of the following:

After typing an email address into the recipient field of an email, select the name, and press the SurePress touch screen.
Select the contact from the contact list
After performing the above, the Send option is displayed in the menu. For BlackBerry smartphones with a SurePress touch screen, the Send icon is available. Clicking Send allows you to send an email message.

rambo47
07-08-2010, 08:52 AM
Or you might not have the service book for MMS messaging. Try logging into your BIS page and re-sending all your service books. Then pull the battery for a couple of minutes.

tsac
07-08-2010, 08:50 PM
hmmmmm I wonder what worked?

kvn___
09-18-2010, 10:22 AM
send button not active cause BB not detecting as a valid email address..
every time you type an email on 'to' or 'cc' field , you must press enter key, instead of touch select other field.. when enter.. you will now see send button is active..
its simple no other modifications or setting changes required.