PDA

View Full Version : BB Bold 9700 or BB Storm2 ?

guillebuscemi
07-08-2010, 11:57 AM
Hi guys,

This is my first post... EXCITING!!

I am about to buy one of these devices: Storm2 or Bold9700.
I would like to ask first the experts on BB a sugestion on which one is better.
Also, maybe a brief description on pros and cons of each other.
I can get the technical spect from BlackBerrycom, but I thienk getting the reviews from the real users is much more rich.

Also... I heard about a new version of Bold2 and a new one with BB OS6 of Storm2. What about this? Should I wait for the new releases of just buy now any of the current ones now?

If I buy it now. will I be able to update the OS from 5 to 6 once it is available?

Thanks in advance for the answers.

Regards,
Guillermo
:bb:

MidnightDraven
07-08-2010, 01:04 PM
No, there is no New bold 2 or Storm 2.
There is the 9700 and the 9520/9550.
OS 6 is not confirmed for any device except the new ones coming out.

guillebuscemi
07-09-2010, 07:11 PM
Hi there,

Thanks for the answer.
What can you tell me about the Pros and Cons of the device?

Thanks,
Guillermo

MidnightDraven
07-10-2010, 05:16 AM
Nothing, I have owned neither.

tsac
07-10-2010, 09:06 AM
I would look at RIM's web site for a comparison or go to the carrier store

Superh3ro
07-10-2010, 10:14 AM
Wirelessly posted

9700 best blackberry ever made

guillebuscemi
07-11-2010, 06:15 PM
Hi all,
Thanks for the answers.
I was just trying to get opinions derived from the usage of the device, more than tech specs of it.
Like... bad/good signal reception, bad/good volume, bad/good construction, bad/good browsing experience...
U know, things that are not in manuals or specs but use to be the most usefull opinions at the moment of buying a device...

Thanks in advance!
Regards,
Guillermo

Rick76
07-13-2010, 10:33 AM
I have not used the Storm myself but I have used the iPhone for over 2 years, along with various Windows Mobile devices and 2 previous BB's (Pearl & Curve). I currently have the Bold 2 (9700) and I believe what it will come down to for you is the biggest difference between the two.....physical kb or touch screen kb.

For example, I had never used a capacitive, touch screen keyboard before the iPhone. The first week trying to get used to typing on it was brutal. I recently picked up a Bold 2 and after two weeks I can still type faster on the iPhone screen kb with 1 finger than I can type on the Bold's physical kb with 2 fingers.

Obviously, that will change over the next couple of weeks but my point is that that is the biggest difference between the Bold 2 and the Storm 2. So it's a good idea to go "hands on" with both before you make your final decision. However, I wouldn't let a less than enthusiastic first impression of the touch screen be your main criteria for failing it because that impression can change over time. Good luck!

rambo47
07-13-2010, 11:08 AM
Personally, I just couldn't get used to the on-screen keypad of the Storm. Deal breaker for me. You really need to go to a store and play with each model to see how the style of each device fits you.

Look at the individual forums for the 9500 series and the 9700 to get an idea of the issues that each model brings with it. And of course using the Storm (or any model BlackBerry) on a carrier that doesn't support it can be a problem.

widge34
07-13-2010, 03:58 PM
I've had my Bold 9700 for a couple of weeks now, its my first BB and my first physical qwerty keyboard and i have to say i love it. I'm in the UK on carrier Orange and i have to say call quality (When i have a signal ) is superb reception is no worse or better than other phones i've owned. My email gets to me quicker on my BB than either my iMac or iPod Touch. All in all a fantastic phone. You won't regret buying the BB Bold 9700 (y)