PDA

View Full Version : Help! I'm locked out!

StanleyJ
07-15-2010, 01:41 PM
I decided to put my various user names and passwords into my Tour. Because of the sensitivity of this info I created a password for my BB for the first time. No - I didn't write it down. But I use three passwords and I know it was one of them.

Later in the day I tried to go in and it asked for a password. I put it what I thought I created. I tried all my usual ones. I'm up to seven refusals and at risk of having all info wiped out.

At the Verizon store the guy said, "we can't help you, go ask BB." I called BB and tech support said, "we can't help you, go talk to Verizon." Back to Verizon tech support who said, "we can't help you."

Since the only thing that shows when you create a password is a row of asterisks, I think I may have entered one or more letters/numbers incorrectly.

I'm not the first idiot to have done this. There must be a work-around.

Anybody have "The Answer?"

StanleyJ
stanman@<hidden>

jmwking
07-15-2010, 01:47 PM
I think you get to try a couple more times, then you get to start over from scratch. Do you have a good backup?

-jk

penguin3107
07-15-2010, 02:00 PM
There must be a work-around.

Anybody have "The Answer?"

There's no work around. BlackBerry devices pride themselves on security. The password can't be circumvented.

As mentioned above, enter the password incorrectly a few more times and allow the device to wipe itself.
DO NOT remove the battery during the wipe.

Once the device resets, you can set a new password and restore from your most recent backup, if you have one.
Otherwise, just start over from scratch.