PDA

View Full Version : 9700 stopped tracking.

Geoff Sinclair
07-15-2010, 09:19 PM
Is this something i can fix myself?
I dont want to...i just got the phone and suddenly i cant nav at all. \i want to send it somewhere....but i want to be sure it gets fixed. I see most places but the dont advertise the full price. I dont want to send it in and get a surprise! iRepair.com looks good but again how much? Anyway someone told me about BlackberryService.ca they show the full price, but anyone heard anything about these guys?

dc/dc
07-15-2010, 11:50 PM
Have you tried pulling the battery?

onlyonedoobie
07-18-2010, 02:08 AM
check if your gps is set to location on my VZ navigator had the same problem till i changed it (I use TMO on a VZ storm1 and VZ navigator works W/O subscription should try it ) now works great and BB maps also ...>>> Another trick is DWNLD Google maps and do the locate or gps whatever then open BB maps and the Gps will find you faster then you can close Google Maps >>... Hope It Helps

dc/dc
07-18-2010, 08:47 AM
check if your gps is set to location on my VZ navigator had the same problem till i changed it (I use TMO on a VZ storm1 and VZ navigator works W/O subscription should try it ) now works great and BB maps also ...>>> Another trick is DWNLD Google maps and do the locate or gps whatever then open BB maps and the Gps will find you faster then you can close Google Maps >>... Hope It Helps

This doesn't help a person with a 9700 in Canada.

NJBlackBerry
07-18-2010, 08:55 AM
So far, onlyone has suggested this, replacing the trackpad when a BB would not click through to web sites (clear cache) and setting the APN to ATT for a T-Mobile customer.