PDA

View Full Version : Please hold while the Nextel...

BBFreak
01-05-2006, 11:20 AM
"Please hold while the Nextel customer is being located", I get this even when I called myself and my BB had full signal.

Is anyone else having this problem even when not being on the web or having any applications like Verichat running in the background? Is there a fix?

Btw, did a search but found nothing and I am running the 7520. My old 7510 did it too but just wanted to see if there was a fix that I wasn't aware of.

Thanks in advance.

MrKyoo
01-05-2006, 11:30 AM
Same issue here. I keep having to explain to my girl that I’m not ignoring her calls and that I don’t have anything to do with that message. Lol

-MrKyoo

smittyofdhs
01-05-2006, 11:42 AM
there's nothing wrong and nothing to fix. that's simply Nextel's system just trying to locate your phone on the network. that happens for all nextel customers. every nextel phone user I talk to gets that message from time to time. it's not a error or issue with the BB, it's just their network.

BBFreak
01-05-2006, 12:03 PM
there's nothing wrong and nothing to fix. that's simply Nextel's system just trying to locate your phone on the network. that happens for all nextel customers. every nextel phone user I talk to gets that message from time to time. it's not a error or issue with the BB, it's just their network.

I don't know about that. I have had Nextel for about 10 years now and never had that problem nearly as much w/ regular phones as I do with my BB. When I had regular phones ppl would only get that when my signal was low but now it is at least 60% of the time with a perfect signal.

For example: Me and my wife was in my office at my computer with both phones sitting right next to each other with full signals on both. I made a call to my phone, got the message and went to VM. 2 seconds later called her phone and went through fine then called mine again went to VM again. Called again and it went through on my BB. I guess I'll have to live with it.

brwntiger
01-05-2006, 03:23 PM
It's just Nextel's network. I've had Nextel for about the same time as the BBFreak.....all the way from the i1000! I've heard that message (and heard from others calling my phone) a few times. It's probably based on the network in your specific area.....

Dawg
01-05-2006, 03:43 PM
since I quit using BB7520 I dont get that problem anymore

BBFreak
01-05-2006, 03:46 PM
since I quit using BB7520 I dont get that problem anymore

I agree, I think it has something to do with data packets being sent that is interfering with the incoming call.

Seca
01-05-2006, 04:11 PM
When calling my wifes phone I would get that alot. Hant happened much latley though.

Webhead68
01-06-2006, 09:50 AM
I get that message more when using my BB than I ever did for the last 7 years using another nextel phone.