PDA

View Full Version : No Browser after switching from BES to BIS + VF wants me to send phone for repair?

matt7184
07-25-2010, 01:01 PM
Where to begin..

On Friday my personal iphone (vodafone) died.. so the blackberry 8250 curve I was using with my work sim (vodafone sim on bes contact) needed to be used as my own personal one now..

So I deleted myself from the BES server and wiped the handheld.. When it came back up I phoned vodafone and asked them to ensure my account was configured for BIS.. they confirmed it was and the list of service books seem to indicate it is.

I signed up an email account using mobileemail.vodafone.net and had the service books resent.

However I have no icon for browser.. I can get into the browser by hitting the menu key and choosing switch application then browser but I get the following error message:

"Your device does not currenly have any browser configuration service book entries..

Please contact your service provider to enable the browser on your device"

I spent 2hrs on the phone to vodafone who had me doing scripted troubleshooting..

Re-registering via the HRT menu
Resending Service Books
Wiping handheld
Deleting and undeleting the Browser configuration service book
Deleting all the service books

I really need data on this handset and can't really be doing with it being sent away for "repair" for 3 days.. surely its not a hardware fault with the phone so in theory I should be able to sort it myself..

Anyone any idea?

matt7184
07-25-2010, 01:22 PM
On further investigation it appears the IPP for BIBS is disallowed? How do I get this enabled/

stevetaz
07-25-2010, 01:41 PM
Check with your BES Admin. They may be blocking access through an IT Policy. Did you use the browser while on BES before trying to make it a personal device.

matt7184
07-25-2010, 01:52 PM
Yeh the browser worked fine before.

stevetaz
07-25-2010, 03:24 PM
See if this might help. From the BlackBerry Support site, KB17136: (http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB17136)
Workaround

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Delete and restore the service records by completing the following steps:

Go to Options > Advanced Options > Service Book.
Locate the BlackBerry Internet Browsing Service [Browser Config] service book.
Display the menu, and click Delete. When the prompt Are you sure? is displayed, click Delete.
Display the menu, and click Undelete.
Repeat steps 2 through 4 for the IPPP for BIBS [IPPP] service book.

tsac
07-25-2010, 06:11 PM
You wiped the BB but unless the BES IT policy is removed you will not fully work.
Wiping does not remove the IT policy