PDA

View Full Version : Why can't I type in the TO: field?

balistik1
01-05-2006, 03:22 PM
When trying to compose an email, it won't let me type in the To field. What can be the cause of this?
If I choose an address from my address book, it does but the email address in there but then I see two To fields one of which I can't enter information into.
PLEASE HELP

Michbb
01-05-2006, 03:29 PM
Not sure if I am following what your saying.... if you want to use an email address that is not in your address book then either
1. use the [use once] at the very top of your address book
2. add the person as a contact in your address book and then select that address

balistik1
01-05-2006, 03:40 PM
I am not sure if I am doing it differently but if I go to my address book and choose a contact. I then choose to send that person an email. It opens my email with their name in the To field but then below that it has another To field that I cannot enter information into.
Example
To wmanzie
To
CC
Subject test

This is what I see.
Now when I send the email, I see in the to field wmanzie and I also see 'net.rim.device.apps.internal.commonmodels.opaque.OpaqueDataModel@<hidden>'
I also see that in the CC field.

Why is this happening? How do I trouble shoot this?

Mark Rejhon
01-05-2006, 03:46 PM
Typing in the To: field (an OS 4.1 feature), you might be encountering a BlackBerryOS bug. OS 4.1 devices should let you type new addresses in the extra To field.

What model and BlackBerryOS (Options->About) are you using?
When trying to compose an email, it won't let me type in the To field. What can be the cause of this?
If I choose an address from my address book, it does but the email address in there but then I see two To fields one of which I can't enter information into.
PLEASE HELP

balistik1
01-05-2006, 03:53 PM
First let me say thank you for helping me. I can't sem to get anyone from Verizon or my BES admin to help...
I have the BB 7130e
V4.1.0.117

balistik1
01-06-2006, 10:45 AM
Does anyone else have an idea what could be causing this? I cannot send emails from my BB without it puting something automatically in the To and CC feilds.

nb_mitch
01-06-2006, 11:03 AM
With my 7290, that is just how it worked, you didn't "type" in the fields, you would use the trackwheel go into the address book and pick an address to put in it, if it wasn't in the address book you would select the "use once" option.

In my 8700, you can start typing a name and a list of addresses appears below the to box, the more you type the shorter the list gets, I love this feature.

I assume you are not on the correct OS to get this feature. My 8700 is on V4.1.0.194

You might want to try and download your OS again.

balistik1
01-06-2006, 11:20 AM
Actually I have been told that the version that I am on will allow you to just type in the TO field as well as how you described it.

See my main issue is that for some reason the is data entered in the To and CC feilds automatically. See my post above.

rxdxt
03-13-2006, 10:56 PM
So this is a symptom of the same problem i'm having.

address book entry's that don't automatically pop up, but are still in the database. seems to be a problem in LARGER databases.

I posted a new Topic on this in 8700 (search under my name) any feedback wuold be helpful, it's really irritating

Learning On The Fly
03-15-2006, 10:58 AM
I had this same problem with my 7100i. When i switched over from a 7520 I noticed it allowed me to type in the To: field but it would not allow me to select an email address from my General Address Book. What I ended up doing (and was a pain and couldn't believe had to do) was copying every contact I needed to Outlook's Contact Folder. It was at that moment that it allowed me to send an email to those people.

gdpmumin
03-15-2006, 11:58 AM
Were you able to resolve this, balistik1? The new OS upgrade from Verizon may fix it. I've had the 7130e for about a month, but I had no problems typing in the To field.

First let me say thank you for helping me. I can't sem to get anyone from Verizon or my BES admin to help...
I have the BB 7130e
V4.1.0.117