PDA

View Full Version : Soapy water under the screen

Anthem
01-05-2006, 04:12 PM
I can't win, first it was dust now I try and protect the screen that has dust under it and I get soapy water with the dust..

I just put the invisible shield on my device and it looks great But, during the process I got a little soapy water under the screen and now I have streaks. Before anyone says anything I put tape over the buttons but for some reason it still got under the screen. I tried to open the device by removing the screws but I couldn't pull it apart. I even tried to put a a blade in the upper left hand corner where the battery goes but it still will not come apart.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

514HH
01-05-2006, 04:52 PM
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/107)

Good Lord. I was about to purchase the Invisible Shield today, but now I'm a little concerned with the application of it. Can someone post the application instructions for it, so I know what I'm getting myself into. I assumed it was applied like any screen protector and the only real worry was air bubbles - but water and soap! Hope it turns out okay with you BB.

Wiseass
01-05-2006, 05:01 PM
I used an old Write-right screen protector originally made for a Palm V unit. I photocopied the 8700c (as suggested by someone here), and used that to make a template and cut the write-right down to size. No soap used to apply, just lay it on and I can't tell it's there.

Do the instructions seriously say to use soapy water to apply the screen protector?

cosmojunkie
01-05-2006, 05:14 PM
I can't win, first it was dust now I try and protect the screen that has dust under it and I get soapy water with the dust..

I just put the invisible shield on my device and it looks great But, during the process I got a little soapy water under the screen and now I have streaks. Before anyone says anything I put tape over the buttons but for some reason it still got under the screen. I tried to open the device by removing the screws but I couldn't pull it apart. I even tried to put a a blade in the upper left hand corner where the battery goes but it still will not come apart.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Sorry to hear about the water under your screen. When I applied my invisible shield, there was very little water on it. I used my finger to push the air bubbles out, wiped the excess drops of water off the edges and blew some warm air on it with a hair dryer. I was confident enough that there was so little water used to apply it that I turned it back on a few minutes later. Everything looks great.

jonlevine
01-05-2006, 05:21 PM
Are you sure that the streaks are being caused by water under the screen or from water (or something else) trapped between the Invisible Shield and the screen. It seems that you've left the Shield on by stating that it looks great and I'm wondering what it would look like without the Shield. I am also curious as to how the water got in there. I would think (and I'm not an engineer, so I don't know) but I would think that the holes for the speaker do not feed directly into the screen compartment. I would think that the screen itself would be seperate from the rest of the components. However, I did get dust in mine, so that can't be completely true. Though, with the screen being charged, the dust would be attracted to it (the screen) which I don't believe would happen with the water.

I do feel sorry for you that it happened and hope that you are able to resolve your issue.

Anthem
01-05-2006, 05:24 PM
Yes, you have to use a small amount of soapy water. Not alot just enough to activate the adhesive.

I believe it happened when I use my credit card to get out the bubbles and excess water..

Please don't let this discourage you from buying the Invisible shield as it's a GREAT product. I use it on my ipod nano, my wifes sidekick and now my blackberry. There are no bubbles and you can't even tell it's there.