PDA

View Full Version : Keypad not working

pprasad
07-29-2010, 09:09 AM
I have a BB curve 8250. It's barely 6 months old and I woke up this morning to find that it just wasn't working properly.
The keypad isn't working while on the home screen (although it works for texting). Apart from that, during calls it keeps switching from the headset to the handset automatically without me connecting the device to a headset.
Please help me ASAP.
If anyone has any information about the BB service Center in Bangalore please let me know ASAP.

dc/dc
07-29-2010, 09:14 AM
Have you pulled the battery?

pprasad
07-29-2010, 09:14 AM
Yup I just did that, No difference.

FLLHarbour
07-29-2010, 06:05 PM
Wanted to comment on this. I had the same occurence on my 8320. Except I pulled out of my pocket vs it happening in the morning as for you.

What I have learned from a few tech shops is each blackberry has a magnet internally that put it in standby, the pros of this feature is conserving battery power, the cons is it locking up.

The cost of the repair was going to exceed the gains. I bought a new 9000 Bold from Wireovia com. My experience was otustanding and they also sell the 8520 quite reasomably priced compared to retail. They just posted the new Red colored one, I kind of wish I upgraded to the touch pad vs. trackball of the 9000.

Check Wireovia out online, I am considering another purchase from them. Good luck with your phone!

tsac
07-29-2010, 07:22 PM
Some things to try. Did you add any Apps? Did it get wet? If you did add any new apps then try deleting them one at a time to see if it clears, Also if you got it wet or very damp you may need to dry it out.
Pull the battery and put it in a bag of new ( dry) rice for a few days. It will absorb the moisture and should help. Last thing, return it for a warrantee replacement.

NJBlackBerry
07-29-2010, 07:25 PM
The BlackBerry has a magnetic SWITCH. The case has the magnet.

FLL - I think you got some bad advice.

Thatzmister2u
07-29-2010, 07:26 PM
Was the device exposed to moisture in any way?

E-