PDA

View Full Version : My curve is dead.

littlebloominbuds
08-02-2010, 04:25 AM
It so happened tht last week I cudnt charge my bb for a whole day & then when I turned it on...it dint come up.So I left it to charge for some time & then it turned on but ws havin trouble wen I connected it my pc using usb cable. After a number of plug ins & plug outs I finally ws able to use it. Then again the day b4 y'day I cudnt charge it 4 a whole day. Now its toatlly dead. I tried charging it for a long time but it dint turn on, no red led flashing. I took out the battery & put it in my friends curve & it worked and showed tht the battery is almost full. I tired putting the other curve's battery but still no sign of life. Normally even if the battery is out and if u connect ur bb to the charger it should turn on....but in this case even thts not working. What should I do? Pls help...

NJBlackBerry
08-02-2010, 07:00 AM
I'm sorry - I can't read or understand this thread.

aiharkness
08-02-2010, 09:05 AM
It is hard to read.

Damaged USB connector or port?

Any chance of water damage? Even exposure in a sweaty pocket or foggy shower room is reported to cause problems.

What about shock from being dropped?

Does the battery fit tight inside the compartment? Are the pins and battery contacts clean? Any bent pins?

Have you tried removing the media card?

Have you installed any apps or themes very recently?

It's a process of elimination. Rule out one thing at a time.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile

retro_
08-03-2010, 12:38 PM
hey, i have a very similar problem

there is no damaged usb port or water damage or anything else like you suggest..

but when i plug it in with the charger the red light flashes just once and something that looks like a "!" shows up on the screen for less than a second.

tried plugging in the BB to USB but my computer isnt registering it :(