PDA

View Full Version : Wireless Calendar Sync Issues

zoics
01-06-2006, 08:13 AM
Hi,

I am having issues enabling wireless calendar sync.

we are using exchange 2000 and Bes 4, outlook 2003.

When i enter an appointment in Outlook it syncs with the BB. When entered on the BB it does not sync back.

BB is set to sync wirelessly.

The default IT policy is in use on the BES server - so Disable calendar is not selected, on either of the 2 options within the policy set-up.

I have seen this question a lot but a lack of answers.

BB service account has rights to exchange.

Thanks,
Matt

juwaack68
01-06-2006, 08:23 AM
You could try deleting and un-deleting the Desktop[SYNC] service book. I've tried that for this issue and had mixed results....sometimes helps, sometimes doesn't.

blablabla13
01-07-2006, 12:57 PM
Desktop[SYNC] has nothing to do with calendar sync, only Address book, Tasks and memos. Desktop[CICAL] is for calendar sync. It will have a bit set for wireless, which will be true in this situation. This issue more than likely not to be service book related, but permissions.

Mailbox to calendar will use MAPI and BB to Mailbox will use CDO to log on and "send as" the user.

Check group membership for the service account, either take it out of domain admins, or whatever other security group it's in, unless you created it for the purpose of BES permissions and assigned "exchange view only admin" at the admin group level and Admin info store, send as and receive as at the Exchange server level, propagating down to the info store level.

Also, if calendar is not working from the BB, the BES needs access to the public folder store for Free/Busy info...so, check that too. I'm not sure if you're migrating, or moved public folder store...but check that out too.

**Note: check the MAGT logs and search for "log on" you see it fails because of permissions.

presmanno
03-31-2006, 10:29 AM
I have this problem too.
A difference is that the BES is new and so all BlackBerry users are new to this system.
It seems that only one user has this problem and, yes you are right, in the log there are "log on" errors.
The question is: what can I do now to complete my throubleshooting?

Any help is really appreciated.

p.s. I'm new to this forum but as far as I can see this is great.(y)

rta53
03-31-2006, 12:20 PM
Installing Service Pack 4 on our BES 4.0 fixed the wireless calendar issue for us.

presmanno
04-04-2006, 03:17 AM
We have installed SP4.
Our Mail server is Microsoft Exchange 2003 SP1.
Do you think that Hot Fix 1 and/or 2 could help?

NumNums
07-06-2006, 08:42 PM
I have the exact same situation. Exchange 2000, Outlook 2003.

same situations with syncing. I also have a problem accepting meeting requests. The acceptance goes through, but then the status turns to an "X", and the sent item never shows up.The messages status shows "Unlisted message error". I also get the same when inviting others to a meeting.

This does not affect others BB users on the same Exchange Server running Outlook 2000.

Weird