PDA

View Full Version : does anyone know how to flash a blackberry ROM

MrBiola
08-03-2010, 12:50 AM
does anyone know how to flash a blackberry curve 8900 ROM to work with any provider...

dannylill1981
08-03-2010, 01:47 AM
cant be done flashing will not unlock your phone to other carriers, you need to use one of the online unlocking services or contact your carrier, most will unlock for free

FLLHarbour
08-03-2010, 02:39 AM
Hi, best recommendation is to contact the folks at Wireovia . They just helped a friend of mine unlock her device for GSM service, was very inexpensive. Best Regards!

dc/dc
08-03-2010, 04:03 AM
Hi, best recommendation is to contact the folks at Wireovia . They just helped a friend of mine unlock her device for GSM service, was very inexpensive. Best Regards!

No, the best recommendation is to use our forum sponsor, Horizon Wireless.

HorizonWirelessOnline.com - Horizon Wireless, The World’s Cellular Repair Center (http://www.horizonwirelessonline.com)

rambo47
08-03-2010, 09:52 AM
Horizon rocks. And unlike so many fly-by-night scammers out there, Horizon guarantees their work. Plus they have a long history with forum members right here in River City.

MrBiola
08-04-2010, 06:16 PM
thanks but am still having problems flashing..does anyone know a free flashing software online..

JSanders
08-04-2010, 07:08 PM
thanks but am still having problems flashing..does anyone know a free flashing software online..

How about some detail of what you're trying to do?
"Flashing" is not exactly a term used in the BlackBerry world, except for the few kiddies who drop by using it as if they know what they're speaking of.

So, "flash" what?

You want to load a new OS to the device?
You want to change the startup splashscreen upon boot up?
You want to change the vendor ID of the device?
You want what?

juwaack68
08-04-2010, 07:14 PM
I was flashed once....

JSanders
08-04-2010, 07:15 PM
I was flashed once....

Isn't there anything better for you to do, like watch TV tonight?

juwaack68
08-04-2010, 07:17 PM
That's To Be Announced.

JSanders
08-04-2010, 07:37 PM
check out Channel 9, could something hard to watch.

MrBiola
08-12-2010, 02:11 PM
How about some detail of what you're trying to do?
"Flashing" is not exactly a term used in the BlackBerry world, except for the few kiddies who drop by using it as if they know what they're speaking of.

So, "flash" what?

You want to load a new OS to the device?
You want to change the startup splashscreen upon boot up?
You want to change the vendor ID of the device?
You want what?

thanks, am kinda new, i wanna change the start splashcreen upon boot

rambo47
08-12-2010, 02:30 PM
thanks, am kinda new, i wanna change the start splashcreen upon boot

It's not llike flashing a Motorola RAZR or some other phone like that. BlackBerrys were not designed to be re-flashed and the process often results in a paperweight. Having a professional shop flash a Sprint BB to Cricket or some other carrier is fine if the flasher knows what he's doing. But trying to change the boot screen usually involves illegal software and a one-way ticket to the store for a replacement phone whent he whole thing fails. (n)