PDA

View Full Version : Transfer BB8900 from Vodafone to Orange PAYG

Randomuser
08-04-2010, 06:45 AM
Hello there,

My first post so go easy! I have searched the forums to find the answer but to no avail, if it's posted somewhere, I do apologise....

My teenage son has recently acquired a BB8900 from a friend at school. He tells me that it is unlocked. It's badged up as a Vodafone model.

He wants to transfer to Orange PAYG and has already put an Orange SIM card into the handset. He's persevered for three days onto various customer services trying to get all the services working on his phone, he can make and receive calls and texts but, outside of a wi-fi network, he can't access the internet.

I'm proud of his perseverance but he's now losing faith with the phone, so I thought I'd post here to see whether any of you can help him, via me!?

Any thoughts or suggestions which may help us?

Thank you in advance.

A.

MidnightDraven
08-04-2010, 06:56 AM
1. He needs Blackberry Internet Service on his account.
This is an extra 5 per month and is available from Orange on PAYG.

2. If the blakcberry was previously used with data, he needs to contact the friend and make sure they called their carrier to delete the BIS account.
Thereby releasing the phone's PIN to use with Orange BIS.

Randomuser
08-04-2010, 07:00 AM
Thank you very much for your help, we'll try out your suggestions.

(Incidentally, how strange, I trawl the whole of the internet and end up receiving an answer from somebody less than ten miles away, we're on the Wirral!!)

A.