PDA

View Full Version : email

msparks
01-06-2006, 12:15 PM
Does it seem like it takes a long time for the email to show up on the Blackberry. I've been messing around and sending tests and what not and it might not show up for hours. I don't know if it's something that I don't have configured correctly or if it's just a slow server.

Thanks.

mike_187
01-06-2006, 12:27 PM
dont know what could be wrong, but bb email should be instant.

SeattleBBAddict
01-06-2006, 02:37 PM
I have this issue too. I find it occurs mostly in low signal areas when the BB comes in and out of coverage. Occasionally I go in to the mail box and do a synchronization and that seems to clear it up.

socal7100t
01-06-2006, 03:30 PM
Does it seem like it takes a long time for the email to show up on the Blackberry. I've been messing around and sending tests and what not and it might not show up for hours. I don't know if it's something that I don't have configured correctly or if it's just a slow server.

Thanks.

msparks,

My BB receives mail for yahoo, netzero & gmail accounts. The only one that seems to be slow (no matter how week or strong the signal is) is mail coming from gmail. Yahoo & Netzero push to my unit fairly quickly.

AlwaysOn607
01-06-2006, 05:04 PM
Sometimes I receive my email from gmail even before my desktop. Other times is can take a few minutes to a few hours. I haven't determined what the variable is yet.

When I sent email from gmail to other accounts I have, it is almost always immediate.