PDA

View Full Version : What can I do WITHOUT a data plan with T-Mobile? (Curve 8520)

calicrackberry
08-08-2010, 08:20 PM
I have the BB Curve 8520 with T-Mobile. I don't have the data service, instead I have the unlimited texting plan. There are several things I want to know if I can do...

Can I use the WIFI without having a data service? (I heard that T-Mobile and AT&T will let you use wifi and browse the internet without the data plan.)

Can I use Word/Sheet/Slideshow-To-Go, GPS, E-mail, and IM?

And I can DOWNLOAD apps and themes?

Thank you!

Motorcycle Mama
08-08-2010, 08:43 PM
Can I use the WIFI without having a data service? - Yes, but you will be limited as to what you can do.

Can I use ....

Word/Sheet/Slideshow-To-Go - Yes

GPS - No. The 8520 does not have GPS. And maps would require data anyway.

E-mail - No. Except that you may be able to visit a webmail site via a third party browser over WiFi. But you will not get push email.

IM - No. This requires data.

And I can DOWNLOAD apps and themes? - Not Over the Air. You will have to find applications with desktop installation options. Not all have that.

rambo47
08-08-2010, 08:48 PM
What do I need a Data Plan for? - BlackBerryFAQ (http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/What_do_I_need_a_Data_Plan_for%3F)

tsac
08-08-2010, 09:14 PM
T-Mobile Blackberry data plans are not too bad in cost. Their web site allows you to look at all the different plans available.

calicrackberry
08-08-2010, 09:18 PM
Great! Thank You All So Much!