PDA

View Full Version : IMAP disabled, need to reconfigure

Carolinem
08-11-2010, 08:52 AM
Apologies in advance as I am not very teccy. My email client Alsatis has disabled IMAP so my emails just stopped coming to my BB. They tell me I need to reconfigure but are not helpful enough to tell me how. Can anyone help?

Thanks
Caroline

MidnightDraven
08-11-2010, 09:04 AM
Login to BIS, delete the account in question and re-add it.

Carolinem
08-11-2010, 09:30 AM
I have deleted it and trying to add it. Asks me for email server...what is that likely to be?

MidnightDraven
08-11-2010, 09:46 AM
You'll have to ask your email provider if you don't know it.

Carolinem
08-11-2010, 09:48 AM
OK, many thanks. I tried smtp.alsatis.net and pop.alsatis.net but both were rejected.

SteveO86
08-11-2010, 09:56 AM
Check back with your service provider, they might be requiring some type of authentication.

I'd try calling your service provider back, maybe the server names are incorrect. How come IMAP was turned off? (anyway to get them to turn it back on?)

Carolinem
08-11-2010, 10:06 AM
Hi Steve,

Alsatis is a french mobile phone company so you cannot phone them. You must fill in the email contact form and wait for a ticket number, then eventually, when you have lost the will to live, they get back to you with an explanation but no reason for why they turned off IMAP, and certainly no help to get it sorted. I have two more messages waiting for their response, but this is France in August when nothing gets done!

SteveO86
08-11-2010, 12:26 PM
Can you sign up for GMail, Yahoo, MSN, etc?

They should be easy to integrate with your BlackBerry. Maybe also create a forwarder from your Alsatis to a new email address.

Just a thought.

Carolinem
08-12-2010, 03:49 AM
Blackberry sent me an extremely helpful reply...a real idiots guide and just what I needed. Good old Blackberry.

Thanks to all for your help.
Caroline