PDA

View Full Version : I Love This BBY Feature: Do Any Other Phones Have It?

GoldenMan85
08-11-2010, 10:01 AM
One of the best features for me on the BBY is the 'save request' for browser pages. Here is how I use it: as I sit on the subway in NEw York, I browse my daily NYTimes email. I click on whatever links to articles I want to read, and since I dont have service, the BBY browser lets me save the request. Then when i go back outside, it retrieves all the pages i requested, which are then stored on the device. If i go underground again, and open one of these pages, it warns that it doesnt have a network, and of i would like to see the 'old' page.

This is a goldmine feature for me. Question is, do any other PDAs or smartphones have this? my only smartphone has been Blackberry, and I am curious to see if all of these super-advanced phones compare.

aiharkness
08-11-2010, 01:48 PM
I don't know about other devices, but I agree it can be useful. I use it when I'm in buildings where there is no wifi and the network signal is in and out.

I also used the feature years ago when we evacuated to a location with marginal to near-zero t-mobile service. The signal reception was too little to use the phone, but I could view storm update web pages this way.

GoldenMan85
08-13-2010, 11:55 AM
It seems like a great feature, I wonder why no other phones have it? This and BBM are what keeps me on Blackberry honestly, I don't prefer it one way or another.