PDA

View Full Version : Backup Restore Torch problem, help please

PhoneHand
08-12-2010, 06:59 PM
I backed up my 9700 and restored on the torch than I activated on BES. When I did this it duplicated my contacts and calender but not on the server rather did 1 copy on the device and 1 BES.

Any idea how to delete the ones on the device (local)?

Any advice is greatly appreciated guys!!

Dubdub
08-12-2010, 07:04 PM
Sounds like you need to talk to the BES Admin. Did he/she OK the switch in devices?

besadmin23
08-12-2010, 08:48 PM
really shouldn't have restored over the torch. I guess you may not have known that the majority of your data gets wirelessly restored when you're active on a BES. One of the many benefits of a BES. All the PIM stuff would have come back. Contacts, Calendar, memos, tasks and typically 7 days of mail would have been prepopulated back.

When you say theres a copy on device and one on BES?? I'm not sure what you mean. If your contact and calendar are accurate (no dups) in outlook (assuming Exchange) then you should wipe the torch and reactivate. This will bring all the above mentioned back to the device except your messages (in this scenario, since your now already active)... Message will only pre-populate if you switch devices or upon new activation.

You can get around this (and have all messages restored) by doing the following.
1. Take another full backup of the Torch
2. Wipe Torch
3. Before enterprise activating, restore just your messages db (using desktop manager)
4. After restoring just that db, perform an activation

Then all the rest will come back to the device and your message will be there too...

It can be tricky to not start the activation process immediatly when you plug into the desktop manager. You need to bring up desktop manager offline. Maybe easiest to just unplug from the network to make it work in offline mode for the purposes of the restore.

Good luck. Hope this helps.

PhoneHand
08-13-2010, 10:53 AM
Thanks guys!