PDA

View Full Version : Cannot log into Facebook and Twitter

avelasqu
08-16-2010, 01:06 AM
So, just got my 9800 and am using it on the T-Mobile network. SMS and Emails working great - yes, I have a data plan and its fully provisioned...

I am trying to log into both Facebook and Twitter (pre-installed versions) and both say they are unavailable. I tried both while on EDGE and WiFi, same thing.

I was able to install and use both Flixster and Google Maps flawlessly, if that helps.

Any suggestions?

aiharkness
08-16-2010, 04:37 PM
I don't know offhand. Did you use the switch device wizard to move to the 9800 from another blackberry, or did you start from scratch with he 9800?

You should try a hard reset first. With the power on, remove the battery for at least 30 seconds. Then try again.

If you used the switch device wizard and the battery pull didn't fix it, you could try deleting those apps, download and install them again, and then try to log in again. I don't know if that is the solution, but it won't hurt.

MidnightDraven
08-16-2010, 05:05 PM
According to your other threads, you don't appear to have a blackberry data plan.

aiharkness
08-16-2010, 05:33 PM
That would do it. I maybe assumed too much when OP said yes, I have a data plan and its fully provisioned....
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile

devnull
08-16-2010, 06:02 PM
Just curious. Since the OP is using a 9800 on tmobile, will they get the proper service books even if they do have a Blackberry Data Plan.

avelasqu
08-16-2010, 08:57 PM
Sorry guys, yes, I have a Blackberry Data Plan. I had a 9700 plan before and just switched devices on the T-Mobile website. I still cannot get Facebook to work, nor MMS.

aiharkness
08-17-2010, 05:42 AM
devnull may have answered the question (service books).
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile