PDA

View Full Version : I've searched already...

Bustopher
08-16-2010, 04:27 PM
I am a returning BB Forums user after about 5 years away from BB's (happy to be back!). I recently purchased the 9650 thru Verizon. I know there's a way to separate the email/sms/etc msgs from the msgs folder - how do you do that? All my msgs in 1 box/folder is killing me! Thx

Motorcycle Mama
08-16-2010, 04:45 PM
Messages > Menu Button > Options > Inbox Settings > check and uncheck the boxes you want > Menu Button > Save

Bustopher
08-16-2010, 04:59 PM
Messages > Menu Button > Options > Inbox Settings > check and uncheck the boxes you want > Menu Button > Save

Thank you so much...now, it still has my missed callas, BB Msgr, & Social Network msgs in it (the msgs folder).

JSanders
08-16-2010, 05:03 PM
Welcome back.

Motorcycle Mama
08-16-2010, 06:00 PM
Thank you so much...now, it still has my missed callas, BB Msgr, & Social Network msgs in it (the msgs folder).

Calls -- go to Phone (green) button > Menu Button > Options > Call Logging > None

BBM -- go to BBM > Menu Button > Options > Show Chats in Messages Application > uncheck the box

Social Network -- no idea - try going into the settings for the application - Some (such as Facebook will show there no matter what, I think)

JSanders
08-16-2010, 06:11 PM
Yes If you open FaceBook > Options > uncheck the integration with your messages, they will not appear there.

johnling
08-16-2010, 06:23 PM
Welcome back . . . 5 years away . . .you have to relearn everything. At least you remembered to come back here.

Bustopher
08-16-2010, 09:47 PM
Welcome back.

Its a pleasure to be back

Bustopher
08-16-2010, 09:47 PM
Welcome back . . . 5 years away . . .you have to relearn everything. At least you remembered to come back here.

LOL! Yea I know...so please take it easy on me when I start asking questions...I'm a newbie again :oops:

Bustopher
08-16-2010, 09:48 PM
Calls -- go to Phone (green) button > Menu Button > Options > Call Logging > None

BBM -- go to BBM > Menu Button > Options > Show Chats in Messages Application > uncheck the box

Social Network -- no idea - try going into the settings for the application - Some (such as Facebook will show there no matter what, I think)

I'm sure you know this already, but you freakin ROCK! Thanks!(y)

Not seeing "show chats in Msgs app" for BBM

Bustopher
08-16-2010, 09:55 PM
Yes If you open FaceBook > Options > uncheck the integration with your messages, they will not appear there.

I knew I could count on you guys (& gals) to show me some love!;-)

Bustopher
08-16-2010, 10:13 PM

One more thing and I think I'm done..there used to be an option to send/receive your emails..is that feature gone?

Motorcycle Mama
08-17-2010, 05:47 AM
... Not seeing "show chats in Msgs app" for BBM
What version of BBM do you have?

Motorcycle Mama
08-17-2010, 05:47 AM
One more thing and I think I'm done..there used to be an option to send/receive your emails..is that feature gone?

Long gone ..... ;)

Bustopher
08-17-2010, 06:05 AM
What version of BBM do you have?

Bustopher
08-17-2010, 06:06 AM
Long gone ..... ;)

Boooooooooo! I miss that feature..and I guess there is no other alternative, except to "wait", right?

Motorcycle Mama
08-17-2010, 06:25 AM

That new version seems to have lots of issues, so I have not installed it yet.

Motorcycle Mama
08-17-2010, 06:28 AM
Boooooooooo! I miss that feature..and I guess there is no other alternative, except to "wait", right?

Um ... yeah.

Messages are sent immediately (when you have a good data signal).

Messages are pushed to the BlackBerry via the BIS push rules. Typically, Yahoo and GMail and a few others are pushed nearly instantly. POP3 mail is pushed at between 3 and 15 minutes.

There's no way to "force" the BlackBerry to "retrieve" email messages.

Bustopher
08-17-2010, 06:33 AM
That new version seems to have lots of issues, so I have not installed it yet.

Ahhh..is there a way to downgrade?

JSanders
08-17-2010, 06:35 AM
I'm not having a problem with .38 of BBMessenger.

Bustopher
08-17-2010, 07:09 AM
Um ... yeah.

Messages are sent immediately (when you have a good data signal).

Messages are pushed to the BlackBerry via the BIS push rules. Typically, Yahoo and GMail and a few others are pushed nearly instantly. POP3 mail is pushed at between 3 and 15 minutes.

There's no way to "force" the BlackBerry to "retrieve" email messages.

I see...ok, no biggie

Bustopher
08-17-2010, 07:11 AM
I'm not having a problem with .38 of BBMessenger.

Hmmmm, must be PEBKAU ("Problem Exists Between Keyboard And User") LOL