PDA

View Full Version : Old Ringtones & Status Bar Questions

FloridaSamantha
08-17-2010, 02:10 PM
Any suggestions for getting a GOOD version of the Blackberry Bold sounds I have grown used to? The only ones I have found to download sound like crap (what I really want is Notifier Spell). I'm pavlovian when it comes to that sound. Hate to give it up.

Second question: The status bar looking thing on the homescreen (with the sound status to the left and the search magnifying glass to the right)... What is that called? and can I customize it? I don't want it to show my social networking messages. I only want emails & texts. Any suggestions??? Same for the pulldown when you click on that bar it gives you all your current unread messages... I don't want it to show social networking in the pulldown either.

Finally: can't get two deleted text messages to disappear from this same pulldown. It's like they just won't go away even though they aren't really there.

FloridaSamantha
08-17-2010, 02:43 PM
So I'll answer my own question... it's called a notification bar and apparently you CANNOT currently customize it, or clear the weird little things from it. Note to RIM - let's put this high on the bugs to fix in a download update.