PDA

View Full Version : Phone restarts when connecting to boot ROM

GEOSHADY
08-23-2010, 04:11 PM
I have BB 8800, it had some problems so i decided to re-install OS.
First, i wiped data and i got error 507
now i am trying to install it with desktop manager but when i tries to connect to boot ROM, phone keeps rebooting.
I tried a lot of things, but no result.
I have windows and phone is diriectly connected via USB.

aiharkness
08-23-2010, 05:05 PM
See if the technique described in Is your BlackBerry Nuked? - BlackBerryFAQ (http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/Is_your_BlackBerry_Nuked%3F) helps.

GEOSHADY
08-24-2010, 07:50 AM
i already tried that, but it does not works for me

aiharkness
08-24-2010, 08:14 AM
You may need to keep trying. Timing is important, it seems, and I've read reports of people saying it took them twenty or thirty tries before they got it.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile

GEOSHADY
08-24-2010, 08:16 AM
i tried more than twenty times
and about timing, i dont understand what u mean, PC detects mobile without problems but when it says "connecting to boot ROM" BB keeps restarting

aiharkness
08-24-2010, 08:28 AM
By "timing is important" I was referring to this step:
Step 2

You are now at the trickiest part. This needs your full attention. Plug in your BlackBerry while you are at the above screen. Where it says "Com1". The second it says USB-PIN:UNKNOWN immediately click "next". This will only happen for a few seconds when your BlackBerry is at the beginning of its reboot cycle (or loop). The easiest way to make this happen instead of waiting.. is to pull the battery, and wait right after the battery is reinstalled.

You have just a few seconds to take some action. If you don't do the action at the appropriate moment, then the procedure will fail. You have to time the action with the moment the action will have the desired result.

If you have tried it many times and failed, I don't know what else to tell you.

Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile

GEOSHADY
08-24-2010, 08:44 AM
no its not nessecary for me, because my PC detects BB without any problems, problem is different, as i mentioned above

GEOSHADY
08-24-2010, 11:24 AM
Can anyone help me?