PDA

View Full Version : unlocked blackberry not working

prasannashroti
08-27-2010, 04:21 AM
Hi,

I bought an unlocked Blackberry from ebay in US and then bought it over to India, I was able to register with my provider (Airtel), using PIN and IMEI of the device and use the BIS services.

But all of a sudden the device has stopped working and the support tells me that the PIN is registered with another service provider and that I need to get it released from them. The provider in US is ATT.

Does anybody know how to get it resolved or how to have the PIN released by ATT? I am trying to contact ATT support but want to know if there is any other way to do it? Also I am perplexed as to why would the device work for 25 days and give such trouble all of a sudden?

Any help appreciated.

dc/dc
08-27-2010, 04:42 AM
There is no other way...

Please update your profile to include your correct information.

devnull
08-27-2010, 06:54 AM
Is it possible the phone was stolen(before you bought it) which is just now being reported as such and got banned or locked out?

lprmcnit
08-27-2010, 05:26 PM
I'd be pretty nervous about buying a phone on eBay....and I don't think you'll have much luck getting ATT to help out in this situation.....

tsac
08-27-2010, 07:18 PM
If the phone was reported stolen by a carrier your best bet is to see if it can be returned.

Dubdub
08-27-2010, 08:04 PM
Hi,

I bought an unlocked Blackberry from ebay in US and then bought it over to India, I was able to register with my provider (Airtel), using PIN and IMEI of the device and use the BIS services.

But all of a sudden the device has stopped working and the support tells me that the PIN is registered with another service provider and that I need to get it released from them. The provider in US is ATT.

Does anybody know how to get it resolved or how to have the PIN released by ATT? I am trying to contact ATT support but want to know if there is any other way to do it? Also I am perplexed as to why would the device work for 25 days and give such trouble all of a sudden?

Any help appreciated.

When you canceled your account in India, did you also cancel your BIS account? That is the most likely problem.

Check the FAQ for an article on buying a used BB from eBay. It should explain the problem a bit better.