PDA

View Full Version : Help wiping and loading OS

OneDayJD
08-27-2010, 10:04 AM
I've got a 8330. I am attempting to wipe and reload my phone. I have the most updated desktop manager. I successfully backed up my phone. Also I am using Verizon. I thought I had successfully downloaded and installed the handheld OS. However, when I go to do the step to delete the vendor file, I go into the RIM folder on my computer, and there is no "app loader" folder, and therefore no vendor file. Also, in the desktop manager I don't see an app loader. I just wanted to make sure I have the OS downloaded and will be able to install it before I go wiping everything out. Thanks for any help. I'm usually pretty good with this type of stuff, but I am at a loss right now. Thanks.
-T

MidnightDraven
08-27-2010, 10:11 AM
Are you using Windows 7, Vista or XP x64?
If so, you need to look in Program Files (x86)/common files...etc to find the file.

OneDayJD
08-27-2010, 10:26 AM
Thanks so much, I found it and got the vendor file deleted. I am using Vista. Now, as far as the OS goes, I downloaded what I thought was the OS from the VZW site. But it's an exe file. Is that right? Once I have it downloaded and I wipe the phone, do I open the loader and load that exe file? Or do I need to double click to install the exe file, then load it? Sorry if I sound like my father here who is not technologically savvy at all.

Motorcycle Mama
08-27-2010, 11:03 AM
You need to INSTALL the device OS by RUNNING the .EXE file on your computer. Then you need to use BlackBerry Desktop Manager or AppLoader.exe to install the OS on the device.

MidnightDraven
08-27-2010, 11:04 AM
You download the OS. [done]
You double click that .exe and install it to your pc.
Then you load it like you would any Os.
As your using Verizon's OS and you have a verizon device, you didn't need to delete the vendor.xml, thats only if you want to use a Os from a carrier [vendor] that isn't your carrier.