PDA

View Full Version : defective torch, lag?

audiofx
08-29-2010, 01:58 PM
I purchased a torch full pop last night from att i was excited to be getitng back to blackberry fom android / iphone as my primary use is messaging. Sadly it went back today. No apps installed, and browser was horribly lagged to the point if you pinch to zoom you could count seconds (felt like the device was frozen) generally speaking the entire device was quite laggy. I loved the new os6 (had curve, bold, 9700) and the "non hi-res" lcd looked great to me. If the OS was speedy i would have kept it . I understand browsing is secondary in the bb world but to me that was really unusable, the lag elsewhere was semi bareable but paying full price i decided the value didn't justify the cost , had i been eligible to buy it at say $199 i would be more willing to stick it out and wait for updates. Now the at&t reps spoke horribly about the phone and said they weren't surprised at all to see me bring it back and that they are all like that (because i thought i may have a defect). Any thoughts or will i be waiting for a "torch 2" to come back :(. Thanks in advance!

sean76
08-29-2010, 02:14 PM
Well I've been through about 3 of them...for various diff issues! The lag was present on my First, exchanged for another...no lag, calls were clear, only issues...The slider became extremely loose and clicky, and the Battery door was terribly loose. So on my third, and yes it has the Lag...All I can say. Almost impossible to find a perfect one, it can be done, but I'm in no mood to go through a ton of exchanges. If the lag becomes a real issue with this one, I'll go back to the 9700 until RIM releases something new.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile

audiofx
08-30-2010, 08:23 AM
sean,

thanks for the feedback. Its good to know some don't have the insane lag. The at&t rep said in another month he can help me do an early upgrade which will cost me close to $300 out the door at that point i may try another one, depending on software updates and feedback from the forums here as I do like to be able to browse the web decently which with speed the torch could be able to do. I also love the keyboard (best slider kb ive used) and of coruse blackberrys excellent email / messaging.

jDMJeRk
08-31-2010, 02:16 AM
I'm definitely experience some lag as well. Not just internet browsing, just navigating through he phone.

Like the replies on this form specifically, "just wait for a new OS and see if it fixes things"

Its annoying- I've thought about going back to my 9000 lol

Nick

IwantaBlackberry
08-31-2010, 05:39 AM
I have noticed the lag but it's not a deal breaker for me. My hope is that a software update can fix it. If it does'nt then I can get used to it. I paid too much money to want to return it just because of that especially since I went from a much slower phone to begin with. Remember as the first model it will have issues that's normal for all devices typically rarely have a seen a device that did'nt have an issue. Unless I count my first ...