PDA

View Full Version : Problems with new messages

Gern Blansten
08-30-2010, 01:56 PM
Hello...I searched for this topic but didn't see this issue addressed.

Not sure why but all of a sudden I can't view new messages without jumping through hoops.

My new message indicator will flash and the mail indicator will show up but when I click on the email box it opens but will not show the new email until I go to "View Folder", then select "Inbox"

any ideas? I've search through settings and options and can't figure it out for the life of me

any help appreciated

cooliosam
08-30-2010, 02:30 PM
did you try a battery pull? always fixed many strange phenomenons...

Gern Blansten
08-30-2010, 02:31 PM
thanks....yes I rebooted....pulled battery, etc....still no good

I deleted a ton of junk off of it because I thought it might be a memory thing

just can't figure it out

devnull
08-30-2010, 02:31 PM
What model device do you have?
What OS version is on the device?

Gern Blansten
08-30-2010, 02:36 PM
What model device do you have?
What OS version is on the device?

it's a curve 8330....not sure on OS version....how do I find that?

devnull
08-30-2010, 02:37 PM
options > about

Third line down. Should start with a "v".

Gern Blansten
08-30-2010, 02:38 PM
options > about

Third line down. Should start with a "v".

thanks!

it says v4.5.0.77 (Platform 3.2.0.51)

devnull
08-30-2010, 02:44 PM
It's been a while since I ran 4.5 OS so forgive me if this is incorrect.

Open the Messages icon, click blackberry button, choose "options". See if there is an "Inbox Settings" item.

Gern Blansten
08-30-2010, 02:46 PM
It's been a while since I ran 4.5 OS so forgive me if this is incorrect.

Open the Messages icon, click blackberry button, choose "options". See if there is an "Inbox Settings" item.

under Options is
General Options
Email Settings
Email Reconciliation
Spell Check

if I choose General Options there is a item called "SMS and Email Inboxes" that you can toggle between "Theme controlled, Combined, or Separate"

devnull
08-30-2010, 02:50 PM
And what is "SMS and Email Inboxes" currently set to?

Gern Blansten
08-30-2010, 02:51 PM
it is at combined

devnull
08-30-2010, 02:56 PM
Just to be clear, from your original post above, you mention "when I click on the email box".

Which email box are you refering to? Usually there is an email icon for each email account but also there is a single "Messages" icon which is the place where all account emails will go to.

amandak695
08-31-2010, 02:24 AM
Hi guys, Im a newbie. Nice to join this forum.

Gern Blansten
08-31-2010, 09:12 AM
Just to be clear, from your original post above, you mention "when I click on the email box".

Which email box are you refering to? Usually there is an email icon for each email account but also there is a single "Messages" icon which is the place where all account emails will go to.

sorry I responded to this via my blackberry....I guess it didn't post

I have one icon for "Messages" which lists everything...missed calls, texts, emails, facebook crap

I have another icon for my msn/hotmail email account

neither icon shows the new items received....the message indicator will be present and my phone will vibrate but when I go to the box nothing is there unless I hit options/view folder/inbox

thanks for the responses

lilhayley123
09-16-2010, 02:49 PM
I am having the exact same problem i have been through so many different settings to try and fix it, did u ever get to the bottom of it Gern? could really do with ur help if you did

Gern Blansten
09-17-2010, 09:32 AM
I am having the exact same problem i have been through so many different settings to try and fix it, did u ever get to the bottom of it Gern? could really do with ur help if you did

you know what? it finally just started working

after several times removing the battery, rebooting, etc. it just "worked"

I don't get it