PDA

View Full Version : losing emails

andrew C
09-01-2010, 06:53 AM
I have had 8520 for 3 months very happy with it . For the past 2 days i find i am only receiving on my BB about 1 in 5 emails sent to my desktop comp . I got hold of my service provider ( MTN) they said i must check my email settings to see it says " keep a copy on the server " ( ie if the email gets sent to my desktop first it does not go to the BB server ) it seems strange as the problem is intermittent . I am using outlook express 6 and cant find where to check those settings . anyone can help?

Chris K
09-01-2010, 07:30 AM
by default O/xpress does not leave a copy on the server but I think you need to post who your email service provider is (Yahoo, hotmail, etc) to find out the settings

btw - Outlook express was superceded yonks ago by Windows Live Mail - maybe time to upgrade (it's free)

aiharkness
09-03-2010, 05:32 PM
For full details, here's the FAQ article: Some email comes to my BB and some does not - BlackBerryFAQ (http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/Some_email_comes_to_my_BB_and_some_does_not).

It could be sporadic and not total depending on the frequency with which your email client is set to check for email. In other words, if it downloads new email very frequently, then fewer, or none of the messages would be grabbed by the BIS server. If set to check very infrequently, then most messages might be grabbed by the BIS, and some not.