PDA

View Full Version : problems from downloading the new app world - cant login

sarahjoyce08
09-01-2010, 04:28 PM
I really hope you can help, my blackberry will not let me down load any apps.

i use the blackberry login and then i scroll down to agree to the terms and cons, and thats it??? I can't go anywhere from there. I can save the info but it still won't let me download.. All started when i downloaded the new blackberry world.

Really hope you understand this, thanks

Sarah Joyce
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile

snhrph
09-01-2010, 05:08 PM
Did you restart your bb after installing new appworld? Try battery pull. If that does not solve your problem, reinstall the appworld.

sarahjoyce08
09-02-2010, 03:18 PM
Did you restart your bb after installing new appworld? Try battery pull. If that does not solve your problem, reinstall the appworld.

Hi, thanks for your reply. Yes I've tried all those things. Deleted it and reinstalled it. It is just crazy. I log in (and it is correct details for log in) then I have to click except for the terms and cons and then I come to a page where I can look at my account. This page shows I could change passwords etc. And that's it, I leave the page and go back to my apps where I have to go through the whole process again to download an app but it does not download. My berry will end up in the bin soon. So annoying. :(

RouseHouse1013
09-03-2010, 06:15 PM
the exact same thing is happening to me. pretty frustrating when there's apps i want to download and can't. i've pulled the battery and reinstalled too...

ZombieBerry
09-03-2010, 06:24 PM
Seems to be a common problem. Used to happen to me. Here is how I fixed it.
1- Wait until all your data traffic has stopped and BB app 2.0 is open to the app you want to download. Once the traffic arrows(right top corner) stop showing up. Plug in your password and login. Please note this doesn't always work.

2-Open up App W2.0 and goto the screen with the app or whatever you want to dowload. When the Login for the Blackberry ID comes up, use the arrow key next to the power button and back out so that the screen shows the app download screen again. Repeat once or twice and plug in your password and Bob's yer uncle.

cannaseur420
09-08-2010, 08:05 AM
Seems to be a common problem. Used to happen to me. Here is how I fixed it.
1- Wait until all your data traffic has stopped and BB app 2.0 is open to the app you want to download. Once the traffic arrows(right top corner) stop showing up. Plug in your password and login. Please note this doesn't always work.

2-Open up App W2.0 and goto the screen with the app or whatever you want to dowload. When the Login for the Blackberry ID comes up, use the arrow key next to the power button and back out so that the screen shows the app download screen again. Repeat once or twice and plug in your password and Bob's yer uncle.

I tried everyone of those and appworld still refuses to download. Makes me want to just throw it someone!

SteveO86
09-08-2010, 09:02 AM
I would remove App World.

Then explore you media card (Open the media application, hit the menu key and choose explore, open the "BlackBerry" Folder, and then find the "App_world" folder and delete it.

Then re-install App World 2.0 see if that helps.

cannaseur420
09-08-2010, 12:15 PM
I would remove App World.

Then explore you media card (Open the media application, hit the menu key and choose explore, open the "BlackBerry" Folder, and then find the "App_world" folder and delete it.

Then re-install App World 2.0 see if that helps.

But I can't delete app world. Wen I hit menu I dnt get the option to delete it.

stevetaz
09-08-2010, 12:18 PM
But I can't delete app world. Wen I hit menu I dnt get the option to delete it.

Options > Advanced Options > Applications > BB Menu key . Highlight BB App World > Delete

Doesn't work?

watersue
09-09-2010, 01:52 AM
I really hope you can help, my blackberry will not let me down load any apps.

i use the blackberry login and then i scroll down to agree to the terms and cons, and thats it??? I can't go anywhere from there. I can save the info but it still won't let me download.. All started when i downloaded the new blackberry world.

Really hope you understand this, thanks

Sarah Joyce

DO YOU TRY YOUR PASS WORD?

DanielXXI
09-09-2010, 02:43 AM
This is happening to a lot of people...

cannaseur420
09-09-2010, 04:38 PM
Options > Advanced Options > Applications > BB Menu key . Highlight BB App World > Delete

Doesn't work?

Oh yeah, now I remember! Shot dude. App world still don't wrk. The vodacare ppl said upgrade to OS 6, that shud work.lotsa people been having this yeh problem hey. I'm gna try.

MidnightDraven
09-09-2010, 04:41 PM
OS 6 isn't available for the 8520.