PDA

View Full Version : BB Msgr PROMPTING before file transfer

DeanFors
09-08-2010, 01:02 PM
Why is it now when I send a picture via BB msgr, that it prompts the other person to start a transfer, when before they would just see it?

Also, I used to be able to send a voicenote and it would just send it...now the reciever has to download it first?

Any ideas?

I have an 8520 and the same thing happened on my 8310.

Thanks

Dean

SteveO86
09-08-2010, 01:24 PM
BlackBerry Messenger -> Options, under Miscellaneous, is has an option to auto accept voice notes.

that might be the culprit.

DeanFors
09-08-2010, 01:56 PM
BlackBerry Messenger -> Options, under Miscellaneous, is has an option to auto accept voice notes.

that might be the culprit.

Ya...I see that one...but what sending a picture? I never used to prompt me for file transfers. Maybe with the new release of BB msgr?

DeanFors
09-08-2010, 02:10 PM
I found this on Blackberrys website for the new BB Msgr...

Chats
You can now do the following: View larger versions of pictures that you receive.
Reply to voice notes by sending your own voice note.
Clear draft messages from the chat field by pressing and holding the Shift key and the Delete key in an existing chat.

Some of the default settings have changed:

Messages that you type but do not send are no longer deleted when you press the Escape key. The next time that you open the chat, you can edit your draft message and send it to your contact.
Pictures that contacts send are automatically accepted

So it says that PIctures are automatically accepted...but the thing is...its the opposite now...pictures are NOT automatically accepted..

New features and enhancements - User Guide - BlackBerry Messenger - 5.0.1 (http://docs.blackberry.com/en/smartphone_users/deliverables/18720/New_in_this_release_50_971327_11.jsp)

Weird...