PDA

View Full Version : Device to Outlook after deleting double desktop

wfm1st
09-18-2010, 10:42 PM
I am sure someone has already solved this issue, so thanks in advance. I had our outside service resend service book without wiping (yes, I know this is a problem). Everything was fine except it resulted in my having 2 Desktop Address Books. I have deleted the entries from the one and the other has all the info I want to keep. Unfortunately, I cannot get the remaining one to sync to Outlook on my desktop computer. Note - the one I deleted is the one that was synchronizing wirelessly, while the one I want to keep and download to outlook says "wireless synchronization not available." I have all my information backed up, thankfully, but I do not want to wipe the device and deal with the outside service folks again. Desktop manager sees the all the address entries and I know it's configured correctly to download from device to Outlook, it just won't send the information. Thanks for the help - amazing how much time is spent fixing these things...

tsac
09-19-2010, 02:07 PM
You must wipe it. when you say deal with the outside service folks, who ATT or corporate IT?

If you log into the BIS site you can send service books without their involvment.
All you will have to do once back online is do a restore. That should be the same if on Corporate server( BES ) Once back to normal just do an enterprise activation.
The EA is an option generally underr options or advanced
I have done this many times with an 8310 or older BB. The only issue may be a restriction with your IT policy that requires IT involvment.