View Full Version : the dust situation

illest
01-12-2006, 11:59 AM
i dont have an 8700 but i am waiting for tmobile to get it
but if this dust problem is that bad i wont
can someone post pics of the dusted 8700

d_fisher
01-12-2006, 12:02 PM
I have seem some pictures areound, but dont remember where. I do remember that it was semi difficult to see the dust in the pictures. Hopefully by the time T-Mobile comes out with an 8700 model the dust issue will be resolved.

Doug

dwlace01
01-12-2006, 12:09 PM
RIM knows about the problem and is exchanging units with fixed ones for everyone who has a defective one. The situation was only an issue with a very small percentage of the bb's made and RIM has pinpointed the issue and is in the process of resolving it. Seeing as though T MO hasn't released it yet, i'm sure before the start manufacturing their units they will make sure the known issue is found and fixed, i wouldn't worry to much

illest
01-12-2006, 12:14 PM
true i appreciate that
i wont worry...cant wait for it to come to tmobile

AlbertoM
01-12-2006, 12:19 PM
OTOH, there is an active thread already about the dust and what is happening....

dwlace01
01-12-2006, 12:38 PM
this was more of a different question and i can understand why he would want to start a quick thread to get his question answered instead of butting into the other forum which has quickly become only aobut RIM replacing blackberries that are defective. This thread will quickly disappear now that his question has been answered so just leave it alone and dont start some huge flamewar.

MegaBit
01-12-2006, 12:52 PM
i dont have an 8700 but i am waiting for tmobile to get it
but if this dust problem is that bad i wont
can someone post pics of the dusted 8700

http://www.millenniastudio.com/RIM-8700c.html

AlbertoM
01-12-2006, 01:12 PM
this was more of a different question and i can understand why he would want to start a quick thread to get his question answered instead of butting into the other forum which has quickly become only aobut RIM replacing blackberries that are defective. This thread will quickly disappear now that his question has been answered so just leave it alone and dont start some huge flamewar.
Flamewar? hardly, but as you pointed out, the question has been answered... (y)

illest
01-12-2006, 02:34 PM
i appreciate the responses i felt this question had nothing to do with the other thread because those in that thread already own the 8700c...thank you for answering the question